𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓢𝓮𝓬𝓸𝓷𝓭

I knocked on the top of the cab as we halted to a stop. I daintily (remembering to act like a lady) opened the cab door and descended onto the paved streets of North London flower market. I elegantly put on a red hat, as to match my dress. It covered some of my face as the fashion was of it to be tilted in a way it lay lop-sided on one's head. A French fashion - a beret, in which I was rather fond of. I eleganty strolled through the center of the market, looking around. Then suddenly a familiar figure caught my eye. I quickly tottered to this dainty personage who was admiring some yellow roses.

"Miss... Alistair?" I chirped, letting my aristocratic accent break free.

The girl swished around and recognised me at once.

"Enola! What a lovely suprise!" She stumbled over and clumsily wrapped her arms around me. I smiled and hugged her back.

"It's been so long! I haven't even had time to thank you!" She stepped back. "So, how have you been?"

"It's a long story..." I felt like I could finally trust someone. "Will you come talk with me over tea?"

"Of course!"

We strode off down the market and to the closest park. Birds sang as we wandered through paths of flowers and blossom trees. Finally we sat down at a table next to a lake. Before I could take a sip of my tea Lady Cecily began to talk.

"So tell me," she began "what brings you to the flower market?"

"Well I am actually looking for a friend... You may know him. He's been all over the news; Lord Viscount Tewksbury, Marquess of Basilwether."

"What a surprise! I saw him just earlier, you see, we met a few days ago. His mother hosted a most fabulous party which I attended."

I leant back in my chair. Well that's a surprise.

"Hmm, now, let me see... Oh yes! We went for lunch, and..."

"Is he okay?" I interrupted her sentence, but it was urgent.

"Why yes, actually. He's bought himself a lovely house, down on Baker Street."

I thoughtlessly opened my mouth and gasped. "How.. why did you meet?" I stuttered "Um, I mean, why where you invited to the party?"

"Oh well, his mother thinks it would be a good idea for him to marry me. And then, as you've obviously seen in the papers, he had an argument with his mother about it and decided to lead his own life. And as I said, we met up this morning. Charming boy, isn't he?"

I did not speak. I did not dare to speak. "I beg your pardon, but I must be excused." I hastily took myself away from this girl who so much adored Tewksbury and wanted to find out about me... as if it was some sort of mother's meeting? I went inside the cafe and into the lavatory. My head hurt and I felt as if I was going to be sick.

Swiftly I took out my notepad and began to write;

𝓦𝓱𝔂 𝔀𝓸𝓾𝓵𝓭 𝓣𝓮𝔀𝓴𝓼𝓫𝓾𝓻𝔂 𝓷𝓸𝓽 𝔀𝓪𝓷𝓽 𝓽𝓸 𝓶𝓪𝓻𝓻𝔂 𝓒𝓮𝓬𝓲𝓵𝔂?

𝓜𝓪𝔂𝓫𝓮 𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓻𝓮 𝓲𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓶𝓮𝓸𝓷𝓮 𝓮𝓵𝓼𝓮 𝓱𝓮 𝓵𝓸𝓿𝓮𝓼?

𝓦𝓱𝔂 𝓲𝓼 𝓒𝓮𝓬𝓲𝓵𝔂 𝓼𝓸 𝓯𝓸𝓷𝓭 𝓸𝓯 𝓣𝓮𝔀𝓴𝓼𝓫𝓾𝓻𝔂?

𝓦𝓱𝔂 𝔀𝓸𝓾𝓵𝓭 𝓣𝓮𝔀𝓴𝓼𝓫𝓾𝓻𝔂 𝓶𝓸𝓿𝓮 𝓷𝓮𝔁𝓽 𝓽𝓸 𝓶𝔂 𝓫𝓻𝓸𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓻, 𝓴𝓷𝓸𝔀𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓱𝓮 𝓵𝓲𝓿𝓮𝓭 𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓻𝓮?

Suddenly I stopped writing. 𝓝𝓸𝓷𝓼𝓮𝓷𝓼𝓮 𝓔𝓷𝓸𝓵𝓪, 𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓼 𝓼𝓱𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓷𝓸𝓽 𝓭𝓸. I put my notepad back into my bust enhancer (secret baggage) and walked out of the lavatory and back to Cecily. She was contently sipping tea and nibbling on a scone. Then she saw me and smiled.

"Would you happen to know at which house Tewky, I mean the Marquess lives?" I scolded myself for using an informal name. Now she would question.

"Do you have a relation to the Marquess? I mean... calling him nicknames?"

"Just like I did yours, I once saved his life, and have not seen him since. That was around three years ago."

She smiled. "I see. And do you think he has missed you? Was he rather fond of you as am I?"

"He enjoyed my company... and asked me to stay, which of course I had to politely decline." That was all I was going to tell Cecily, as she loves him and I do not want her to turn her back on me. "Back to my question before...?"

"Ah, yes." she took a piece of paper out of her pocket and scribbled down a few words then handed it to me. It read:

220𝓫, 𝓑𝓪𝓴𝓮𝓻 𝓢𝓽𝓻𝓮𝓮𝓽.