𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓕𝓸𝓾𝓻𝓽𝓱

Tewksbury sat there, staring up at me. His acquaintance, also staring up at me, whispered something to him.

"Who is this?" Murmured the wealthy looking, slightly over weight man, sat opposite Tewksbury.

I must confess, I too, stood there, gaping. Then the scrawny East End girl ran in, looking slightly pale.

"I'm sorry sir! She just... ran in... do you want me to get rid of her?" She grabbed my arm, but I did not move.

Tewksbury set his gaze upon the girl. "No, Adelaide, that's fine..." He looked back at me. "Do excuse me for a second, please." He said to his visitor and took me into the kitchen. Then he closed the door.

"I can explain.." I began, but then trailed off, as the most unlikely expression came across his face. He smiled.

"Enola? It cant be!" He took me into a warm embrace. "You came back!"

"Well of course I did. I couldn't just leave a nincompoop like you."

We stood there for a while, and then he let go. "How did you find me?" He finally said.

"From a friend... Cecily Alistair." I saw his expression change into a droopy frown.

But then there was a violent bang at the door. The girl, or Adelaide, barged in on us.

"Sir, there's three men and a bunch full o' police waiting outside, saying you are hiding an outlaw in yer 'ouse. What should I do?"

"We shall speak to them. Let them in."

A few moments later we where sat in the living room, I next to Tewksbury and Adelade stood by the door.

"It's going to be okay." He whispered in my ear, obviously thinking it would comfort me, but in a matter of fact, it made me feel even worse.

Suddenly, Adelaide opened the door and in marched Watson, followed by Sherlock, followed by Mycroft, followed by a gang of police men. Watson and my brothers took a seat opposite us and the police men stood in a gathering behind them. They blocked out the light. I trembled so much all could hear was my heart pounding in my chest.

"Enola." Sherlock looked at me. "All I want is for you to be happy."

I winced. I knew it was true. I could run into his loving arms, he would take me home, safe warm... 𝓝𝓸𝓷𝓼𝓮𝓷𝓼𝓮, 𝓔𝓷𝓸𝓵𝓪. 𝓣𝓱𝓲𝓼 𝓼𝓱𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓷𝓸𝓽 𝓭𝓸. I stood up.

"And you bring a full force of police men? Are you scared of me? I refuse to leave this place, until you swear you will let me do what I wish to do."

"Which is..?" nudged Sherlock.

"To start my own business, get my own house and live my own life."

"Absolutely not!" Mycroft stood up to join me. "You have been wild for long enough! You are going to boarding school, You will become a lovely young lady, and you shall marry! I have had quite enough of this balderdash!"

"I shall not!" by this time we where shouting at each other from across the room. I took a step forward. "Well in that case," I took the dagger from my brooch. "I will make it my own way." I raised my dagger and readied myself for fight. "Get out of this house now or else I will make you." I stepped forwards, and so did the police men.

Tewksbury stood up. "Enola! This is quite enough. Out of my house, all of you!" He signalled to Adelaide who showed them to the door.

"Enola! Get out here, now!" I heard Mycroft shout back at me as he was escorted out, but by that time I was already lying down on the settee. I placed my dagger back into my corset. I was trembling and my fingers failed to pick up the handkerchief which they in my pocket. Then I started sobbing.

Tewksbury walked back in from the hall.

"Enola!" he ran over. "Are you ok?" He put his put his hand on my back. I sat up and looked at him. He looked worried, which worried me, so I smiled.

"They'll be back." I murmured. "Mycroft will do anything to get his way."

Just then Adelaide scuttled in with a blanket and gave it to Tewksbury. "Thank you, Adelaide. You're free to go."

"Thank'n you, sir." She grabbed her coat and rushed out the door.

Tewksbury wrapped the blanket around me and stood up. "I think you should get some sleep." He took my hand. I slowly nodded and he took me to the guest room, where I contently fell into slumber.