pt.6

By the time Adora gets back to the student flat they share with Glimmer and Bow, it's almost lunchtime. On a Thursday. Which means they've missed a lecture on Sport and Exercise Rehabilitation (which they'll have to catch up on, if it was recorded) and would normally be on their way to Catra's work to grab a coffee before heading home.

But this isn't one of Adora's regular Thursdays. For one, they forgot to tell Bow and Glimmer that they were staying over at Catra's; the whole evening kind of passed in a blur. So, as soon as they open the door, they're kind of expecting an onslaught of questions. That's okay though, they feel prepared for that.

Second, Adora actually woke up at Catra's place with Catra gone. After the initial worry of where she'd got to, Adora found a text on their phone, on top of a pile of other very worried sounding texts from the Best Friend Squad about where they were (that they still haven't replied to), that basically said she'd gone in to work because her shift started early. Catra had also locked her door, posting her key back through the door so Adora could lock the door when they left, and now Adora has Catra's apartment key and needs to drop it off to her at the cafe. 

This was all without mentioning that Adora is also currently wearing some of Catra's baggiest, most comfortable clothes. Catra left them out in a small pile next to the sofa. Adora figures that's what they were for, anyway, to be worn. They kind of don't want to give them back. The racket bag is slung over their shoulder, and their tennis kit is in a plastic bag that she found in a pile of other plastic bags next to Catra's kitchen bin.

All Adora can think about is how Glimmer and Bow are about to watch them walk through their front door—wearing a black hoodie that says "It ain't easy being purr-fect" across the front with a little cartoon cat underneath, that definitely doesn't belong to them because otherwise Bow would have had something to do with it if it did—carrying their sweaty sports clothes from the day before in a plastic bag, all without telling them a thing.

It's practically a walk of shame, just without the sex.

Adora's face flushes bright red as their brain puts the word sex right next to Catra.

Which is exactly when Glimmer chooses to open the door.

Adora's blush promptly spreads down to their shoulders, not that Glimmer can see it, but they're still bright red, which Glimmer can definitely see. Adora's caught, and there's no way out of this now.

To their surprise, Glimmer just stands to one side, giving Adora space to walk past, which they do with a small, shy smile. Bow is in their living room sitting on one of the sofas, in front of which there's a– they've set up a chair from the dining room in the middle of the space, in front of the TV. Adora takes a deep breath before they step forward, putting their things down next to the chair and watching as Glimmer saunters back in and sits next to Bow.

'Hi, Adora,' she starts, and Adora winces at how much they can tell Glimmer is holding back right now, Bow's hand on her knee must be helping, 'please, take a seat.' Glimmer gestures to the chair, and Adora nods before sitting in it silently.

They were expecting an interrogation, but they weren't expecting this to be the method Glimmer would use. Adora feels very on the spot, but they know that's exactly the idea. This is how Angella and Micah told Bow and Adora to get information out of Glimmer whenever something weird happens around the flat, whenever anything goes missing, and whenever something new and sparkly appears without a word. Now Glimmer's finally able to use it on Adora, the only person out of the three who'd managed to evade it into second year.

Streak officially broken.

'Do you have anything you'd like to say in your defence?' Glimmer asks, as if she's a judge or a lawyer or something, because she's the picture of smugness right now and had no intention of letting Adora get away from this unscathed.