Chapter 3

Wally felt stupid, completely and utterly stupid.

It was a simple mission really, go to jump city and try to recruit the Titans, do not get involved in anything that's not the mission.

And what did they do? They underestimated a villain and ended up being captured with no look of escaping.

Batman looked tired which wasn' t very suprising espcially days so close to the reunion of robins death, the day they had made the biggest mistake of thier life. "team," he said his voice dark and husky "as many of you are aware thw is a small team of vigilanties running around in gotham called the teen titans."  they all looked to each othe shareing a silent agreament  "I want you to go investigate them in stealth and then if you are sure they are not a threat to us ask them to join the justice league, if they are a threat nock them out and bring them to the prison." he paused to look each of them in the eye even in his state he managed to bring intimedating "under no circumstances will you get involved with anything thats not part of the mission."

They each had power restricting collars so they were helpless in that category. So far nothing has happened just the team trying to come up with an escape plan in a dark and dim room.

That's when voices could be heard outside the door "-this quick that's the young justice we could get some serious cash for this" it was a males voice and very deep but nothing else could be known about him.

"Ok ok but we need our gaurds. I mean surely a super hero team has super hero backup"

It was at that moment that Wally realised with great dismay that no, they did not have backup.

With a loud clang the door burst open to reveal at least 7 men all dressed in black and armed with guns. "So what are you hero's doing in jump."

Conner looked furious he did not  just lose to these idiots but insted Kaldur spoke surprisingly calm

"We have no business with you, let us go."

The gaurds actually laughed "let you go? And why would I do that?"

Kaldur looked to his teammates not sure what to reply with, that wouldn't get them in more trouble than they already are.

"Your never getting out of here, our business has never been defeated and nobody knows where we are, the justice league has tried and failed to track us, no one can save yo-" he was cut off by a loud grunt and thud of a body.

One of the gaurds were down and the was no sign of the person who did it. The 'leader's' face was one of pure terror as his business partners serched in a panic for someone.

Then it happened again. A swish of wind and a gaurd was down. 

"It's him!" One of the men yelled his voice sounding allot less tough.

"Shit! I'm out of here!" another yelled, he looked as if he had just peeded his pants

 "Show yourself and fight!" the leader yelled in what wally asuemed was his best impresion of an intimedating voice.

Ten more heavily armed men came running into the room searching and searching for the intruder.

Another swish of wind and a male figure emerged from the shadows, he travled through the air as if he was flying, spinning and doing all sorts of flips all the while unarming some of the mens guns. The intruder landing without a sound, his left leg strait out next to him his right crouched underneath him. (yes the black widow pose, sue me) He had a fully black suit and mask covering his face. Yet he still managed to look extremely intimidating.

With a war cry the men charged the masked hero.

Wally couldn't help but gape in awe while he watched the hero fight. It was like watching poetry in motion.

He arcs trough the air like gravity can't put a finger on him, like the laws of physics simply don't apply. Every strike with his blades are precise and powerful. Every placement of his feet designed for success. Wally doesn't think he can understand the sheer grace in the way he fights. He made it look like an art form, something as simple as eating breakfast.

Another thing Wally can't help but notice is how much he fights like him. Mabey its because its so close to the reunion, or the fact that he misses watching robin fight, but wally can't shake the feeling of fimiliarity.

When all the man are unconscious the masked guy walks over to Wally and his teammates an unreadable expression on his face.

"Who are you?" Artemis asks him first

"How did you do that?" Megan says in wonder

He doesn't say anything though only continues to stare at them with cold eyes. He hacks open the power dampening collars and cuts the ropes of them all before finally saying something.

"How did a kryptonian, Meta human, Martin, atlantean and highly trained assassin get captured by these idiots." That's it. That's all he has to say. What is this guys problem?

Superboy -who was already furious about being stood up by some guy in black- growls and charged at him not really thinking before doing.

Wally only has time to think 'oh shit' before superboy charges full speed at the turned back off 'cool, mysterious masked guy' time seems to slow down as supey draws his hand back for a punch millimeters away from the still turned guy. In the last second the vigilanty leaps up with impossible height and literally backflips over superboy landing perfect on his feet with a small smirk on his face.

"Bring it." He says as if he's been waiting for something interesting to happen.

Superboy growls again and aims for a punch right in the head but the hero just ducks and pulls out his eriscma sticks jabbing them into superboys side electrocuting him.

Superboy has come a long way from his original fighting style but even then he seemed like a baby that the masked hero was stealing candy from.

It was as if the masked guy predicted every move side stepping at just the right moment, and quickly counteracting with his electronic sticks

"Enough!" Kaldur yells finally gaining the two men's attention "please sir who are you"

The men in question stood there glaring at superboy, but then his icy gaze turned to Wally and stayed there for a long  time. Again what was this guys problem?

"The names nightwing, now stay out of my city" And with that he launched himself into the shadows again.