4

~ 8 years later~

I was now 15 and my parents were moving us to two towns over, to Mystic falls. I didn't know where about in the time line I would be in since I didn't know the year Elena was born. I guess I would figure it out when I got there. My face had lost most of its roundness and I now had high cheekbones, pouty full lips and a sharper jaw line.

Once all the boxes had been moved inside Pa put some money into my hands. "Mind going into the town square and getting lunch?"

"Sure, Burgers and fries, extra cheese for you, chicken for mum. Extra pickles for mum. Pepsi for the both of you" I recite their usual order when they both opened their mouths to tell me. They smiled and kissed my temples before shooing me out of the house. I was dressed in a white cropped top with blue dungarees over the top that were slightly paint splattered and a pair of white trainers that were equally paint splattered from decorating my new room. My hair was done up in a messy bun with a red bandana scarf headband. 

I scratch off some of the paint marks off my arm as I look around town, trying to map out everywhere in my head. I find the Mystic grill and walk in, ignoring the looks I was getting from everyone. I go up to the bar and get the attention of the guy working. "Hi, Can I do an order to go?"

"Sure, What do you want?" The guy picks up a note pad and pencil, ready to write. "Can I get 1 cheese burger with extra cheese. One Chicken sandwich with extra pickles on the side and one veggie burger. All with fries. Two Pepsi's and one Vanilla shake." I list off used the order making sure to give him enough time to write it all down. 

"Sure, That will be $27.50. It should be about 30 minutes. Can I get your name for the order?" 

"Aadya" He nods in thanks and walks away. I sit down and text my parents to let them know how long I would be. I didn't expect a text back since I knew they would be busy with the boxes so I played games on my phone for the next 30 minutes. 

When the time is up I put my phone back in my pocket and look around. Someone bumps into the back of me and I turn to see a familiar face. "Oh, sorry. You must be new. I'm Jeremy"

"Aadya." I hold my hand out and he shakes it. 

"Are you going to Mystic High?" 

"Yh, I'll be going in 10th grade. You?"

"I'm going into 8th" I couldn't help but 'awe' and pinch his cheeks lightly. "Awe, Your just a baby." He slaps my hands away as I laugh before laughing with me. Three other people join us and I recognise them as Jeremy's parents and sister. 

"Oh, Aadya. Meet my parents Miranda and Greyson Gilbert and my older sister Elena. Guys this is Aadya, she just moved here" I wave at them with a smile. "Pleasure to meet you, I'm Aadya Thornton."

"Well, it's lovely to meet you Aadya. I hope you like out small town." I force myself to smile politely at Greyson. It was going to be difficult pretending to like that man who tortured vampires in the name of 'science'. "I'm sure I will. I grew up in Greenvale, its just two towns over. I think it's about the same size as Mystic." I turn back to Jere. 

"Do you want to hang out sometime?" I ask and he nods happily "Sure" 

"Here, Give me your number." I hand him my phone and he types in his contact info before taking a picture of himself pulling a funny face. His tongue out and his eyes crossed. I chuckle and take my phone back before texting him so he had my number "Thanks. I guess I'll see you around."

"Yeah, see ya." I take the food bag after I paid and wave to them as I leave.

When I finally get back home I find the entry way was now clear of boxes and my parents where in the front room. Pa was trying to put a piece of furniture together and Ma was standing over him correcting him and he struggled to read the instructions.