37

Not wanting to get involved in the drama that was about to go down. I pick up Claire and take her home. I nod to Damon and leave I cast a spell to make sure that they saw us going home when in reality I was putting Claire into the car and driving off. 

We reach the cemetery and Claire and I get out. "You sure you want to help me with this, Princess. You could always wait in the car"

"I'm sure Momma. I wanna help." I smile and hold her hand in mine. "Good. Now we better hurry before they get here." She laughs when I start running, making her run with me. I use a locator spell to find Giuseppe's grave. We find it and to make the process faster we used our magic to lift the dirt out of his grave. I jump down and open the coffin. Seeing the grimoire I smile before picking it up and handing it to Claire. She puts it into the bag I gave her and I close the coffin before climbing back out. 

"Quickly" She places her hand in mine and we restore the dirt, completely hiding any evidence of us ever being here. We then make our way to the tomb. I empty my bag onto the floor and Claire helps me set up the candles that fell out and I text Damon. I wasn't going to let Sheila die. I had even told her about this and she asked me to save her so she could continue to protect Bonnie. I watch as Claire starts pouring water into a few of the small glass jars I had brought with us and laying them our between the candles. She had been learning the correct way to set us spells recently so she wanted to put what she had learned to good use.

Damon shows up once everything is set. "What's all this about? I've already been stabbed in the back twice tonight. I hope you won't be a third" I take a deep breath before explaining. 

"I'm going to tell you something. You can't be mad. Kathrine isn't in the tomb, I knew if I told you before you wouldn't have believed me so I'm going to prove it." I pick up the grimoire and start reciting the spell. A warm air fills the alcove as the barrier drops. I pick up the blood bag and torch and throw them to Damon.  "Go for it." He speeds in and I follow after with a second blood bag. I motion for Claire to stay. I quickly find Pearl and feed her the blood. "Anna is in town looking for you. Wait outside with my daughter, I'll take you to her later. You hurt my daughter in any way I'll kill you and Anna." I push my magic into my voice to make sure she she would listen. 

She nods and leaves. Damon starts yelling. I mutter the spell I created under my breath, setting the rest of my plan into motion before going to find the blue eyed Salvatore. I hug him to provide some form of comfort. "You can breakdown later. Right now we need to go. Meet me at mine." 

I leave him where he is, letting him process. I pick up my daughter and carry her back to the car on my hip. "I'm Aadya Thornton. This is my daughter Claire. We can go back to mine so you can get cleaned up and have something to eat."

"Thank you" Her voice was hoarse and sounded painful. "Don't. Anna would do anything to get you back. Just as you would for her. I know what I would do the same for Claire. She may not be mine by blood but it doesn't change anything. I drive us back to mine and I invite her in with my magic so she would still need my permission each time. "Bathroom is upstairs, first room to the left." she uses her speed to run up and I follow after at a much slower pace. I go to Claire's room and lay the sleeping child under the covers, my magic changing her clothes into her favourite set of PJ's. 

I take the grimoire go into my room. I grab an outfit that I didn't mind getting rid of and put it on the floor out side of the bathroom door. I don't say anything since I knew Pearl had heard me over the running water. I then take the grimoire back downstairs and put it the the storage room behind the book case. 

I then pour out a glass of blood for Pearl and pour a glass of wine for myself. After two glasses and a text Pearl finally comes back downstairs. She sees the blood and downs it within a matter of seconds. "Thank you. For everything. Now, where is Anna?" Just like that there was a knock on the front door. I smile and motion to the door. 

"Why don't you go see?" She looks at me confused before walking over the the door. She opens it and I hear two surprised gasps. I smile to myself and leave them be, but not before I say one last thing. "Anna, I give you temporary access to my home. You try to hurt me or my own and that will be revoked." She nods and I go back up stairs and get ready for bed, allowing the mother and daughter to have their reunion in peace. I knew I had changed a lot but I was certain it wouldn't change too much of the plot for the time being. I could always figure things out along the way if I needed too.

I fall asleep thinking about how I would deal with the Tomb vampires. The spell I had made would stop them from killing anyone innocent but that didn't mean they wouldn't torture them. I also briefly thought about how I would deal with Elena and Stefan since they don't know about what happened.