44

The last week or so had been a little crazy. John came to town, Stefan decided he felt okay enough to be around Elena again despite the fact that I still hadn't found a spell to replace the old one. The other spell could only be used on someone once and I couldn't find a way to work around it. 

John died but came back since I had somehow completely forgotten about his ring, Jeremy had decided to let Elena know that he knew about vampires by stealing her diary. Tyler made out with Matt's mom at the founder's party. We had the miss mystic pageant a few days ago, which Caroline won, and Damon had to step in to dance with Elena. Pearl came back into town briefly to give Damon the Gilbert device before leaving again. Stefan ended up killing someone and I was more stressed than ever that I still couldn't find anything. So, I resorted to my next option. 

I sigh and press dial on my phone. Claire slept peacefully next to me as we had just finished watching Disney movies. I hear the dial tone stop and I speak first. "Hey Lexi-baby. I need you in back Mystic. It's Stefan."

"Blood?" Was her only response and I hum in conformation. I listen as she swears away from the phone before her voice comes back louder. "I'll be there in the morning" I thank her, and she hangs up. 

I wasn't going to do anything about the device since it would get rid of the tomb vampires, I would just make sure Damon and Stefan were okay. No one would really miss Mayor Lockwood and I was going to talk to Caroline so she could make the choice about whether or not she wanted to be changed. 

I put the phone back down next to me after texting Caroline to come over. I sigh and rub my face before I gently pick Claire up and carry her upstairs for bed. 

It was already dark out, but it wasn't as late as it seemed. I go back downstairs after tucking my daughter in for the night and set up a few things to help me prove things to Caroline, like a candle and a slightly wilted plant. I place them on the table as the doorbell goes off. 

I open the door and find Caroline standing there with an over night bag. "Hey Care-bear. We need to talk" I sigh and her smile quickly fades knowing that whatever we were going to talk about would be 100% serious and needed her undivided attention. I guide her to the couch and place a glass of wine in front of us both, knowing she may need it. 

"I need you to not freak out and I promise you can ask any questions you want after. The supernatural word exists. Vampires, werewolves and witches are all real. I know you might not believe me so watch this." I say before snapping my fingers and the candles I had placed around the room ignite. I watch Caroline the whole time as she freezes, her mouth wide open she doesn't move and I don't say anything letting her process on her own. 

After what feels like an eternity she leans forward and grabs her glass before downing it in one. She quickly does the same to my glass as well. "Why are you telling me this? I know that this is what I wasn't ready to hear about but why tell me know?" She finally says as she turns to face me. 

"Because on the night of the parade you get into a car accident and are given vampire blood to heal. Another vampire comes along and kills you. If you consume blood after that you will become a vampire and I wanted that to be your choice." 

"Am I better as a vampire?" I nod to her question and she slumps back on the sofa. "Okay, I'll let it happen, you promise to help me"

"Of course care-bear. I wouldn't let you go through this by yourself. And I'll make you some daylight jewelry so you can choose which ones you wear." She manages a smile before huffing and grabbing the bottle of wine and drinking it straight from the bottle. I place a kiss on her forehead and leave her on the couch to drink away her emotions. I put a protective spell around the house to make sure she didn't hurt herself or drunkenly stumble out onto the streets. "Night Care. I'll see you in the morning." I say as I walk up the steps to my room. Care already knew she was more than welcome to help herself to the kitchen and to the guest room.

I got ready for bed and not long after I got comfortable did I feel a small body join me. "Momma is Auntie Care going to be okay?" Claire asks me as she snuggles into my side, resting her head on my shoulder. "Of course she will my little brave heart. She will become a vampire soon so she is going to need a lot of help. Think your up for it?" I ask quietly as I stroke her hair. 

"Anything for family." Was her sleepy response as I feel her start to drift off. I smile and press a kiss to the top of her head. "Night my little brave heart."

I fall asleep running my hand through her hair. Feeling the most content I think I ever could.