Chapter Six

Miles could see dim, blotchy lights through his eyelids, though when he cracked them open all he saw was darkness. He stood, though he stood on nothing. He was surrounded by space, stars, galaxies, but he wasn't a part of any of them. They were too far for his grasp, "Okay so- this was a trap, right? And I fell for it? Thanks for the lesson Hornet!" He shouted out into the space to see if anyone could hear him, but it was silent. How was he here? How could he breathe? How could he hear his own voice?

"Okay relax, you've been in weirder situations," That was a lie, but it made himself feel better, trying to tell jokes to the vast space.

Miles suddenly jumped a bit when floor started appearing underneath him, almost as if it were cracking in reverse. He fell back as the ground cracked together, watching as it started to build the fountain in front of his school, started to build the plaza of his school, "Really, I'm in infinite space and somehow I end up back at school?"

"You know this is ridiculous, right?"

Miles shot a look back behind him, started when hearing a familiar voice in that slight Haitian accent. It was Judge, with Ganke, walking around the side of the school and over to the fountain. Miles clambered to his feet, not helping but to freak out internally as he ran over to them, struggling not to trip, "Gan- ah, I mean, civilian, I need to talk to you, urgently-" Miles was still in costume, even if it was just the plaza and the front of their school floating in space, nothing else started constructing itself.

Miles stopped when neither Ganke nor Judge acknowledged him. He didn't know what was up, and reached for Ganke's hand instead, "Hey, this better not be some type of prank-" Miles pulled his hand back quick as it went through Ganke instead of touching him. He jumped back onto the edge of the fountain while watching the other two. "Nope, not a prank."

"It's not ridiculous!" Ganke responded to what Judge had said, still ignoring Miles. "It's just- how am I supposed to tell him? What if he hates me after? I don't even know what he is exactly."

"Huh?" He crouched down on the fountain as Ganke and Judge stopped walking right in front of him. "Can't interact with anything- is this what's happening now, back at the school? Ugh- guess I'll see," This felt like some sort of out-of-body experience, as if he were a ghost. He hoped this wasn't a consequence of how he had used his powers before.

"Don't be absurd, I've seen him with you," Judge leaned against the fountain, skateboard under one arm and a few books in the other. Ganke had his bag as if he were going home for the weekend.

"but- ugh, you are not helping! He's never going to-"

"These things take time, in which you've had plenty," Judge dropped his skateboard on the ground, setting a foot on it. "Just tell him, I guarantee he either won't care, or will feel the same."

Miles deduced they were most likely talking about him, but about what? What was even happening? Was this real to begin with? He watched as Ganke pulled his bag up more over his shoulder, staring down with his eyes narrowed, "Man, I have to run to my mom's place. I'll see ya when you start making more sense," Ganke gave the most awkward finger guns Miles had ever seen before starting to walk off over to the gate. Miles flipped off the fountain to follow after, but he was stunned when Ganke endded up walking off the edge of what had been built, his body cracking apart into nothing.

Miles stopped and stared at where he had seen Ganke break down until he was no longer there. He swallowed hard while staring off the edge of the actual ground before looking back at Judge. None of this could be real, yet it felt like it was. He was startled as the front of the school started to deconstruct, Judge moving away from the fountain to push off on his skateboard. As he rode past the gate and out of the plaza, the world started to build in front of him and collapse behind him, as if it revolved around him.