Chapter Two

Miles had just got back to his dorm room, immediately having started to pack everything he needed. It was Friday, the day they could head home for the weekend before they once again had to sleep in the dorm rooms on Sunday. Miles was stuffing a suitcase of things he needed: a few sets of clothes, some water bottles since he wanted to save water at his house, homework he had, and a variety of different essentials. He had his suitcase on Ganke's bed next to his friends bag, Judge having already left.

"So, you going to your moms or dads this weekend?" Miles had finally fit everything in his suitcase and even managed to close it, heading over to the closet after.

"Ugh, wish I was going to my moms," Miles opened the closet and leaned down to pull out the smaller black suitcase that held his suit. His normal bag was blue with lots of painted images on it, though Ganke's shabby-looking man purse was brown and the outside was ripped up. Despite this, he had decorated it with stickers of superheroes and covered the strap of it with stickers of the Ultimate Spider-Man, aka Miles himself. "But no, it's my dads turn."

Ganke's bag went around his shoulder with some noise as it shook before settling on his side, "I could probably- maybe convince my parents to let you stay over tonight," Miles frowned as Ganke stopped him by shaking his head while moving to walk to their door. Miles quickly cut him off to the door to be able and hold it open for him, just smiling lightly at him. "Gentlemen first."

He watched Ganke stop walking and smile at him, going through after to exit the room and head into the hallway, turning back to Miles after though, "I thought it was ladies first. And how are you going to get your suit-"

Miles held out one of his hands and pressed the button on his palm with his middle and index fingers, a web-shooting out from under his long-sleeved orange shirt and attaching itself to the side of his suitcase. He grabbed the web and tugged hard, managing to catch the suitcase when it slung over though Miles paused when seeing Ganke with his arms crossed and an eyebrow raised, "What?"

"Uh," Ganke moved a hand to tug the sticky string away from the suitcase after Miles detached it from the device, and discarded it to the side, "You have your web slingers on?"

"Shooters, and don't worry, it's completely under my sleeve. You know I'm careful with that stuff- you didn't see it, right?" Miles ignored Ganke crossing his arms again and moved completely out of their room into the narrow and empty hallway of their dorm. Everyone had headed home by now, except for those who didn't want to go home. That or people like Miles and Ganke who took extra long to chat and enjoy the empty hallways.

The door shut with a soft thud behind them as they turned to walk down the corridor, being able to see the stairs from down the hall, "Just don't get too liberal with those things."

"I got it, mom."

"Man, shut up."

The short walk down the stairs and out the dormitory's front door took less than a few minutes, and it felt like no time at all until Miles and Ganke were saying goodbye to each other at a bus stop. Ganke's dads house was farther away than his moms place, though that wouldn't change the fact he would be coming to see Miles this weekend, as he did every weekend. Ganke was part of the family after all, and he did always love Rio's cooking.

Miles thought of Rio as he walked down the sidewalks of Brooklyn, passing people as if he were in a hurry to get home, though he really wasn't. Rio was Miles' mother, and the best one he could ask for. He could see her now as he slipped down into the subway station, though he was picturing himself coming into their apartment, "Hola, mijo. How was school?" And he'd tell her that school was fine, and that he had missed her. Then she would cover his cheeks in kisses like she always did, as if she hadn't seen him in months.