kristy and the snobs.

A BLONDE GIRL SAT AT HER DESK, setting up her phone to record. pressing the little red button, she smiled into the camera.

"hello. my name's leah wish. otherwise known as bubbles. i'm blonde, love skirts, have a sister and two moms, love corgis, and i'm also a year older than all of my friends because i was held back in kindergarten."

sighing quickly, she continued, "and also, i have a eating disorder. 'wait, leah, didn't you beat that? aren't you okay now?' yeah...i thought i did. i was so proud of myself, until about 2 months ago. i realized how i changed and started eating more and more. and i don't like that." leah admitted, looking down at her lap.

"im gonna be okay, though. i'll get through this." she told the camera, giving it a healthy thumbs up, "let's go to some lighter topics!"

leah smiled quickly, showing the camera her nails.

"i got my nails done yesterday. my inspo was actually blue and yellow, me and sam's favorite colors. oh! also! sam! we're like...kinda dating? i dunno. it's weird." leah admitted, flipping her hands onto her lap in defeat.

turning to her water and taking a sip, she sighed through her nose.

"im still in the bsc, it's going great, though. kids stress me out. my blood pressure...is like...ugh." leah smiled, making her fingers go everywhere.

laughing at herself, she grinned at the camera, "i'll see you later! gotta go to a meeting!"

leah turned off the camera and stuffed her phone in her pocket and turned to her notebook, crossing off a little bullet point titled 'coping video.'

••••

"THIS MEETING OF THE BABYSITTERS CLUB WILL COME TO ORDER-"

kristy was cut off my claudia snapping a picture of her, smiling like a dork.

"claude, what is that?"

"it's a fuji x-t10! ease of digital, look of film. i just through i'd really document this year. just keep talking and acting natural!" clauida smiled.

"you and me both." leah said from besides stacey, as she fiddled with her phone.

"did you get that on on etsy too?" kristy asked.

"b&h. i took her when she came to the city." stacey interrupted, "it's this really famous camera store on 9th avenue."

"and they gave me a very good price." clauida added.

"great." kristy said.

"ooh! dawn! you look very tan!" clauida complimented, snapping some pictures of her friend.

"three weeks in southern california where the sun shines as advertised. i feel like a whole new person." dawn smiled.

(haha! get it? because...xochitl isn't there anymore! haha! ahaha. aw man i miss her! haha!)

"it was the best summer ever. ooh! can i see?" mary anne asked clauida.

"well, summers over now. and the babysitters club is officially back in business. we've all grown over this past year. physically, personally, and most importantly, in number. so, i would like to take this opportunity to welcome our newest member..." kristy trailed off, looking over at mallory.

the door suddenly slammed open, "hi! sorry!" jessi apologized, rushing to sit down.

"...jessi."

"class went late and madame noelle is super strict about everyone staying to the very end." jessi explained, while kristy had a disappointing look on her face.