claudia and the phantom phone calls.

"Did he ask you to the dance or not?!" Kristy asked Claudia.

She was having some boy problems.

Couldn't be me.

Claudia stayed quiet.

"Well?" Kristy continued asking.

"You should chill out Kristy," I told her, not tearing my eyes off of my magazine, "Not everyone likes talking about boys."

"Yeah. That's cause the only boy you wanna talk about is my brother." She smirked at me.

I threw the magazine at her.

"Are you trying to hurt my feelings? Because if so you're succeeding." I asked playfully.

"Kristy. He asked me if I was going and said he'd see me there. So he basically asked me." Claudia told the eager girl.

"We'll be there together. Basically." Claudia finished.

"Here's the thing. A guy like Trevor Sandbourne isn't gonna, like, show up at your door with a corsage. That's just not the way things are done in his kind of circles." Stacey explained.

"Which are what, exactly?" Kristy asked.

"Sophisticated circles. Artistic circles." Stacey answered.

"Are you gonna wear a costume?" Mary Ann asked.

"I was going to be a Troll doll, but for Trevor, I might have to think of something a little more soigné." Claudia smiled.

"Totally." Stacey agreed.

"Seriously? You're gonna get all dressed up for some dude who couldn't even be bothered to ask you out for real?" Kristy sneered.

"Kristy, I don't want to look like a baby." Claudia whispered.

"What's babyish is this stupid dance, giving boys yet another way to be disappointing, setting up girls for a lifetime of making excuses for them," Kristy crossed her arms, "I wouldn't go if you paid me."

"What about you, Mary Ann? That cute boy Logan might be there." Stacey teased, "the one you're always staring at who volunteers at the library?"

"I dunno what you're talking about." The curly haired girl defended, "anyways, there's no way my dad would ever let me go."

"Are you going, Bubbles?" Stacey asked me.

"Oh, I dunno. Dances aren't my vibe." I cringed.

"Why?" Claudia asked.

"I can't dance. I look like a weirdo when I try." I frowned.

"No one can actually dance good. We just look at them and we think it's good." Mary Ann pointed out to me.

"And my dad is freaking out about the phantom caller."

"What's that?" Stacey asked.

"Some weirdo home invader that was on the news. Apparently, you get these creepy anonymous phone calls. Then, you realize that the calls were coming from inside the house." Mary Ann explained, creepily.