Chapter 3

Kristin's parents meet up with their daughter, who has a bit of an unexpected surprise for them

TWs: Swearing 

"Clem!" Tommy shouts as the small yellow lab romps over to him, Technoblade following behind. The dog jumps up onto Tommy, licking his face as the boy giggled before it she into his lap with a sigh. Tommy absentmindedly carded his fingers through the dog's fur as Technoblade made his way back to his spot.

"Alright mum, so how bad was Wilbur when you took him home? I bet he was awful, wasn't he?" Tommy asked, a sly grin on his face. Wilbur mumbled at this, rolling his eyes as he settled further into his seat.

"Not as bad as you," Kristin teased as she continued on with her story.

~~~~~~~~~~

"We're here Wilbur," Kristin chirped as she pulled into her parent's driveway. Wilbur stared in awe at the house in front of him. The house wasn't huge, but it was still quite large with a decent-sized backyard. The white siding was chipped in a few places from use and age, a dent here or there from rouge baseballs that flew into the side of the house when Kristin and her siblings used to play games in the yard. Giant baskets of flowers hung on either side of the house, their bright pinks and purples contrasting well with the white house.

"This place is humongous!" Wilbur exclaimed, his eyes sparkling as he admired the house in front of him.

"It is pretty nice, huh? Let's head inside, you have to meet my parents!" Kristin announced, stepping out of the car and helping Wilbur out of his seat. With their bags in hand, the two made their way up to the front door, Wilbur running ahead of Kristin. Kristin lagged behind slightly, still trying to figure out how she was going to explain the whole switching-kids situation to her parents.

After stepping on the porch, Wilbur immediately rang the doorbell and waited excitedly, practically bouncing off the walls with energy. Kristin slowly made her way onto the porch as well, putting her hand on Wilbur's shoulder. The two heard the sounds of shuffling inside along with a loud "be right there" before the door opened to reveal an older couple with smiling faces.

"Kristin! Techno! Oh, it's so nice to see you both!" Kristin's mom gushed, turning to hug Kristin. Her dad stood behind his mom, looking at the two with a giant grin on his face.

"It's great to see you too mom," Kristin sighed into her mother's embrace. Before Kristin's mom could reach out to hug "Techno", Kristin stopped her. "Uh so about Techno," Kristin stuttered, still trying to figure out her plan. "This isn't Techno," she finished awkwardly, rubbing her hands together.

"What do you mean this isn't Techno? This is a strange joke love," Kristin's mom replied before moving to hug Wilbur again. Wilbur spoke up this time, stopping her mom dead in her tracks.

"'m sorry, but I'm not Techno. 'm Wilbur. It's nice to meet you!" Wilbur babbled, still jumping around with excitement.

Both of Kristin's parents stared in horror at the child in front of them, their mouths practically hanging open. Once they regained some of their composure, they quickly stared back at Kristin, silently demanding an answer.

Kristin caught on to this quickly, going on to explain herself. "Now hear me out. I know this sounds insane. Wilbur will back me up though, won't ya?" She started, rubbing Wilbur's shoulder, who smiled at the mention of his name. "So, at the airport, me and Wilbur's dad ended up switching kids in a mix-up in one of the stores. Phil grabbed Techno and I grabbed Wilbur, and we didn't realize our mistake until our planes took off. Since we both had important things planned, we couldn't find a time to switch kids back before our trips ended, so that's how I ended up with Wilbur here."