Instagram

Zarina Caldwell

"Do you have that statement for me Zarina?" Nurse Judy questions as I walk up to her desk.

"Yes." I answer and hand her the folded piece of paper.

"Thank you, dear, did you sleep okay?" I nod and she offers a soft smile.

"I think I'm going to speak with Dr.Yi this morning." I tell her and she nods.

I turn on my heels and head to his office. I open the door and saw him at his desk flipping through papers. His hair was a little disheveled and he looked very concentrated.

"Knock knock." I smile and he looks up at me.

"Zarina! I didn't hear you come in." His deep voice replies and I walk in further and the smell of food hits my nose.

"You really bought me breakfast?" I bite my lip and sit down on the couch where the bag of food was placed.

"I didn't know what you wanted so I got you a little of everything. Hash browns, Waffles, bacon, sausage, omelette, breakfast biscuits." He states and sits down beside me.

He has another bag in his hand and offers it to me.

"What's this? It's not my birthday." I take the pink and look at him.

"Open it." He smiles and I take out the stuffing paper and there was a white box with an apple logo on it.

"This isn't what I think it is..." I exclaim and grab the box.

I shakily open it and it was an iPhone.

"Dr.Yi...What the hell? I can't take this...you know we can't have these." I say putting the box back into the bag.

"I insist and I'm sure you'll find a good hiding spot for it. Just use it for emergencies, I want you to be able to contact me if you have any." He smiles and begins pulling food out of the bag.

I fumble with the phone before pressing the power button.

"Everything should be set up on there." He informs and I swipe to unlock it.

"Thank you so much...I owe you!" I say and he shakes his head no.

"How are you since last night? Did you sleep okay?" He asks and I look up at him.

His eyes were studying me as he waits for an answer.

"Better if you would have tucked me in." I wink and he chuckles.

"What you did was brave and I'm sure every girl here who has been affected by him will feel better." He places his hand on mine and I rub the top of his hand.

I scoot closer to him and place his big hand on my inner thigh.

"Dr.Yi?" I whisper his face inches from mine.

"Hmm?" He swallows hard and I glide my lips softly on his teasingly. Then the door opens and I fly off the couch.

"Ma'am, you aren't allowed to just walk in there!"  Nurse Lopez shouts and a black woman walks in.