Jane Novacane

Zarina Caldwell

"I knew he had a big dick. I could sense it from a mile away. How was it?" Rachel says as she scrolls through her Instagram.

"We didn't go all the way, we just did oral." I sigh and she looks up at me.

"What is that man's problem?!" She questions and I chuckle.

"He basically said I deserve to lose my virginity under better circumstances. He's willing to go against his arranged marriage to be with me. He wants me to be with him." I explain and her mouth drops.

"What?! You told him no right?" She asks.

"I told him I'll think about it... He seemed like he meant it." I reply and she shakes her head.

"He's lying, they always do. They just tell us what we want to hear because we are "not in our right minds". Which is bullshit, plus how does he plan on being with you when you're stuck here?" She questions

"Rachel, I admitted myself here and with clearance from Dr.Yi, I could leave. Why are you acting like you don't want me with him? You were the main one pushing me to be with him." I state

"Correction, I was pushing you to fuck him not build a Barbie dream house, jump into your Barbie car and drive away with him." She says and I frown.

"I've been there before, Zarina. Trust me, I know what I'm talking about."

I didn't want her telling me these things, especially when there's a chance it's true. But if he was using me, why wait to have sex with me? Is he just trying to make me think he's a good person?

"Anyways, let's go get some lunch." She smiles and I get up.

I was actually starving today and I couldn't wait to eat.

"Oh, I meant to tell you there's a new guard coming soon to replace that perv, Zeke. I wonder if he will be cuter than Omar." She giggles as we walk into the cafeteria.

We get into line, today was meatloaf, mashed potatoes, green beans, and a side of fruit. We make our way to our usual table and begin to eat. That's when Vera comes and sits beside me. Her face was still healing from the beating of her life.

"Hi, Zarina...Rachel." She welcomes with a fake smile.

"Hi, Vera, glad to see your face has stopped leaking." I give her a smug smile and she rolls her eyes.

"I would watch how you talk to me. I know what you've been doing." She says and my heart stops beating for a moment.

"You don't know shit." I reply

"I know that Dr.Yi brought you breakfast the other day. What did you do for it? Fuck him?" She gets closer to me and I lean away from her.

"I went through a traumatic experience, he found me and he asked me if I needed anything." I explain and she narrows her eyes.

"Stop acting like that's so suspicious, it's not like he's never asked you if you needed anything." Rachel butts in

"He hasn't." Vera says and Rachel laughs