He Remembered that Moment Like it was Yesterday

That was how he felt meeting Keith.

The morning woke Lance and Keith with bright sun and chirping birds. The dawn had come too early.

Lance stumbled out of bed slowly as not to wake Keith. He lazily shuffled towards the bathroom, not caring to close the door as he washed his face over the sink and dried his brown curly hair after he stepped out of the shower.

He walked out into the room. Keith sat with a book in his lap on the bed. The blankets still wrapped around his torso like a tight hug.

"Good morning." Said Lance.

Keith sighed. His eyes never leaving the book in his hands as he flipped the page to continue reading.

"How did you sleep?" Lance asked out of pure curiosity. Keith shrugged. Lance hummed. He quickly got dressed. Pancakes and eggs were eaten as breakfast before Lance headed out to his job. Keith hugged him good bye and gave him a quick loving kiss before Lance closed the apartment door behind him.

The brunette walked towards his car with his shoulders hung. His cheeks still burned from the Keith's kiss. The flush feeling reminded him of how he felt that special evening oh so long ago...

....

He stood with his back to the audience. His heart pounded out of his chest like thunder in a storm. Lance's mind raced and he wanted to just walk out or at least turn around to look at those who were witnessing this magical moment. But he knew just as well that the people he would look for weren't here. They haven't been here, for Lance, for years. His parents refused to see him as their son. Lance knew this, but he still longed for his mama to hug him and for his pa to at least tell him he was proud of his son.

He wanted them to be his rock but they weren't. So he found a new one...Keith.

The steadfast love in his life, the one Lance always knew was going to be there for him, walked down the aisle with his older brother by his side, Shiro. The raven held a bouquet of purple flowers with a flower crown on his head.

It was the most magical moment of their lives and Lance had to hold his breathe the moment he saw Keith for the first time that night. He couldn't stop staring to those purple swirls in Keith's eyes. Lance swore he could drown in them.

The first dance was all Lance could have wished. To finically have Keith in his arms, safe, all his. No one else could have him. Only Lance. Keith was Lance's and Lance was Keith's. He felt giddy. He felt like he could fly. Or jump over the Grand Canyon. His heart was encased with pure joy and hope and love. 

The newly wedded couple left early to enjoy the rest of their night in the other's arms, peaceful and calm. Together was all they wanted and so they got it. It was such a different feeling that neither party had ever felt. The closeness of someone else who they fully loved, someone who wasn't forced to be there or felt like they had an obligation to be there for them. Keith had never felt this, Shiro didn't count because they were brothers and that would be...gross. Lance, he never had anyone, not after Keith. Not after what happened. The side of his face would still burn at the thought. 

But that night when midnight snuck up on the couple and they laid naked in each other's arms, Lance swore God was real. Because Keith was an angel.

...

Lance could not help but wish he was back in that moment. The moment when he first woke up to Keith by his side. Dawn rising in the window, sun rays beaming through the curtain like a spotlight to highlight Keith's sleeping and peaceful face. Dark blankets wrapped around his body but his feet stuck out at the end.

The peace of that moment was what Lance wished he could keep forever but as the engine of the car startled him out of his thoughts, the brunette realized it was a once in a life time feeling.