Masked Cray 2 (still Jasper lol)

The next week or so was the same. Boring. Isla had called sick off work, and whilst he left the building he grabbed a small vial of two, dark red pills.He grinned. He just needed Jasper's wounds to heal. At the moment he had a large, sore bump on his head from the constant banging, and big, dark bruises on his arms, legs and back from where he was pushed and punched. He grinned as he left the building.

Jasper, however, was sitting in a dimly lit room. Alone. Tied up. The ropes were gently tied enough to not cause bruising yet tight enough to contain him. He could see a blur of his glasses on the table next to him. A couple scooches would get him there. He scrunched his eyes closed, before focusing on where he wanted to go and hopped in his chair slightly. Thank god, it moved to the side. He prepared to do it again, before reaching his target. He bent down, using his nose to feebly open the arms of his glasses. Then he would just have to lay his head onto them, then he could see what he was doing and escape. As soon as they were open, he basically lightly slammed his face into the hard wooden table, making a small crack in his glasses. He felt the arms hook behind his ears and sat up, grinning as he looked up so they could slide up the bridge of his nose. He may not look it, but he was particularly strong, and by looking behind him he could somewhat see what he had to do. He grasped one end of the knot with his hand, and grabbed the knot itself with the other.

He eventually managed to get himself free, grinning as he rubbed his wrists. He bent down to untie his legs, before getting a big blow to the head. He screamed, feeling himself get dizzy, falling forward and slumping over, the chair striking him in the back and leaving him in an awkward pose. He tried to crawl away, the chair making it difficult to move in, before another strike to the head. And another. He saw his vision fade and finally he passed out from the dizziness.

And he woke up. Alone. Nobody in the house, tied up in exactly the same position. He screeched in frustration, "I was so close!" He kept screaming about his close victory, about how he could almost taste the sickly rose tasting victory just beyond the grasp of his fingertips. All of it. Gone in a flash. Eventually his screaming was done, as his throat was sore and his vision was even more blurred from his lack of glasses and fresh tears forming in his eyes. He angrily grabbed at the knot, untying is as he had done before and looking over his shoulder so that he wouldn't get hit again. As soon as his legs were untied he stop up, gasping. Gasping in glee and triumph as he realises he was free. Free. Oh the word could roll of his tongue, tasting like chocolate- white chocolate. And strawberries, freshly picked, ripe from harvest. He shook his head, grabbing and putting on his glasses and looking for the nearest window. As he was exploring the cabin, a low rumble of a tired voice was heard behind him. "It's no use. The only reason I didn't knock you out this time is because there is no escape. I've hidden the key to the front door except for personal use and the windows have been boarded up. There's nowhere for you to hide. You'll stay here until your body is completely perfect. That means getting used to a steady schedule of eating and sleeping too." Jasper scowled at him.
"You're not my dad!"
"And how would you know what fatherly behaviour is? You've never had one."
Jasper gasped a little in annoyance. Isla smirked, guess he finally found a way to push his buttons. Family.
"What, scared of a little family stuff? I bet you miss your mother do-" Suddenly there was the familiar sound of skin on skin, and Isla's cheek burned. Again, his other cheek burned too. The smaller male was.. fighting him. Punching, kicking, grabbing, tackling him to the floor. "Shut up, shut up, shut up, you can't talk about her like that, she-" The smaller was thrown back against the wall, whilst the bigger stood up and looked at him. He was crying. Hard. He was just- shrivelled into a small ball, holding his knees close and eyes scrunched up tight, sobbing.

In Jasper's mind, he was overwhelmed by this newfound anger. Overwhelmed with emotion, and as he was thrown he realised he was going to be punished big time. Isla was much bigger and stronger, meaning he could break Jasper's arms if he wanted to. Jasper shivered, before crumpling up in a defensive ball, readying himself for any blows from the older man. But nothing came. So he sat there and waited for a while. He heard sizzling somewhere, and began trying to find it. And he eventually did. By this time he could smell food. Oh how delicious. It smelt like something baked, but what about the sizzling? He entered the kitchen, still sniffling slightly and wiping his eyes every now and again. Isla was cooking something at the stove. "Sit down. It's almost ready. Then I want to have a talk about your reaction."

Jasper nodded shakily, sitting himself down at the table. Soon, Isla placed a plate in front of him. Pancakes. He looked at him, before looking back at the pancakes. "Well? Eat up." Isla sat opposite of him, watching him with his own plate of food in front of him. When both were finished, Isla stood up to put the plates to the side to wash up later. He sat back down in front of Jasper. "So. About your reaction."
Jasper scrunched his eyes closed. Expecting something bad. Like a punishment. Instead, he was surprised by the request.
"Tell me about your family."
Isla had figured out that maybe he could find out what happened to make Jasper so protective of his family.
"I lost my parents and older brother when I was seven or eight."
Isla raised his eyebrows. "Continue..."
"I came home from school one day, and they were dead. My parents. The patrollers in my village took care of me whilst my sister and brother came back. My brother was suddenly cold- he yelled at me whenever I was in the same room, commenting everything that made me look wrong or weird. Eventually I had enough, and buried his body in the back yard the next day."
"You committed murder?"
"Yes. I still regret it to this day, even if it was thirteen years ago."
"Your sister. Tell me about her."
"She's in America at the moment on a job thing. But I haven't seen her since I ran away from my village. I got a job as an apprentice at around fifteen and then I got that night shift job that you hate me for just a year back."
"I always thought it was easy, and you got paid the same or more than me."
"Ah, but it was not. I had to memorise the building, and don't forget, the subjects are very active at night, so I have to deal with that too. And I'm all alone, in the building, and when I wake up it's usually in the pitch dark because the people in the computer room forget I'm there."

Isla started to feel slightly guilty at this. "Do you have any other family? Grandparents, an aunt, perhaps?"
"I have a wife."
Isla swallowed the lump in his throat as those words escaped Jasper's mouth. "A wife?"
"Yes. And a little baby daughter. Her names Katherine. And my wife's name is Evelyn."
Isla felt the blanket of dread wrap around him tight. He had kidnapped a married man... a man with a child. "Do you have any photos?"

Jasper nodded, reaching into his breast pocket and grabbing two photos. "There's my wife.. and there's my daughter-" "hold on. I've seen her before. Your wife." "You have?" "Yeah, just last week! She was at the bar and she went into the back rooms with another man.... oh Jasper I'm so sorry.." Jasper froze. "Pardon..?" "...."
"So that's why she worked so late sometimes..."
Isla nodded as Jasper started to tear up, "S-So- for all I know... Kate could be someone else's.." Isla stood up as Jasper broke down into sobs. He got up and knelt beside the weeping man, drawing him into a tight hug, letting his shoulder dampen from salty tears. Who knew a lie to make oneself feel less guilty could break a man that easily.

~~the next week because I said so~~

Jasper had accustomed to his new eating and sleeping schedule quickly, and found it almost relaxing. The two still hated each other with all of their being, but finally being with someone to talk to made them both calm. Isla began to dread what he had to do, and began to be shut up in his room more often. Jasper started to worry.

~~~~~~~~~~
Lost motivation, might make part three lol