Chapter Six

There was an immediate outbreak of chatter in the room.
Most wizards shrank back in their seats timidly. A blonde boy with freckles at Harry's table was quick to introduce himself.

"Hi, I'm Mike" He said leaning back. "What where your names again?
Harry ..something, and Ron Weasel, right?"

"Weasley" Ron corrected, blushing.

"Harry Potter" Harry smiled.

"Hmmm...can't say I've heard of last names like those before." Mike pondered. "Come to think of it, most of you guys had pretty unusual last names" He laughed.

Ron gulped , but Harry laughed it off with Mike. He knew that names wouldn't be the thing that would expose their kind. He knew that Ron was just overreacting a bit, but he still kept a lookout to make sure none of his fellow wizards acted out-of-place.

Mike received a slap in the head by a short girl with glasses sitting next to him. "Mike!" she hissed. "Be nice!"

"I'm sorry about him" she turned to Ron. "He likes to speak without thinking" she giggled.

"Sounds familiar" Harry heard Hermione's voice as she approached them. "Looks like those two would get along" Hermione pointed out as Ron glared at her.

"I'm Hermione " she introduced. "Hope you don't mind me joining you, the table I was at seemed...a little crowded" she said, and stared back at the cheerleaders.

"Not at all" Mike winked at her "Grab a seat."

Hermione sat next to Harry, as the girl with glasses introduced everybody. "I'm Linda, and that's Darren" she said, signaling to the boy who was knelt over a sheet of paper, drawing madly.

"Huh?" said Darren, just taking in the newcomers presence. "Oh..hey" he said timidly.

"What have you got there Darren?" Linda asked curiously. "Another of your Manga sketches?"

"Whats Manga?" Ron asked, but quickly retracted. He covered his mouth as if afraid he just gave them all away.

Harry began to panick until he realized that even he didn't know what Manga was, but of course (as usual) Hermione knew exactly what it was.

"Isn't it one of those Japanese comics?" she asked, knowing she was right.

"Yeah" Linda beamed at her knowledge " We're really into those, but none of us can draw them well except Darren"

Darren smiled at the compliment, but was still reluctant to show his drawing.

"C'mon dude, we've seen your drawings before." Mike rolled his eyes.

Darren hesitated as he handed the drawing to Linda.

Linda scanned the drawing slowly and her eyes widened. "It's amazing Darren!" Linda squealed. "Is it an existing character, or did you make it up? I've never seen this one before."

"I made it up, but I took some ideas from other ones. Robes are hard to draw, so is the hat." Darren said neutrally

"Mind if I show them? " asked Linda.

Darren hesitated then shrugged.

Harry, Hermione and Ron stared at the drawing. One by one, their eyes went wide.

"It- Its..." Ron stuttered

"A Wizard?" Mike finished

"Yeah...I thought it would be different from my usual stuff." Darren blushed.

"No it's not, you're always drawing that fantasy stuff." Mike frowned. "Why don't you draw zombie Manga? It would be waaayy cooler."

"Whats wrong with wizards?" asked Harry.