Chapter Fourteen

Malfoy glared from Harry to the article in his hands, his knuckles turning white from his overly tight grip.

Harry studied Malfoy cautiously, unsure whether he would give in or keep fighting.
Malfoy narrowed his eyes before throwing a hand up in the air.
At first, Harry thought Malfoy was going to resort to physical violence.

He stood up defensively, but in the end, Malfoy only threw the article at Harry's face.

"You win this round Potter," Malfoy said. "But if that picture gets out, anywhere..."

"You hold your end of the deal, I'll hold mine,"

Malfoy pointed his wand at Harry.

"I mean it, not just my parents; I'm talking Hogwarts and Walker High."

Harry nodded, turning to Hermione.

She and Ron both had their eye fixed on Amber.

Harry ran a hand through his hair.
If Amber told anyone, it wasn't just he and his friends who'd be in trouble this time, but Malfoy as well.
He didn't mind the snake getting kicked out of Hogwarts, but if she said anything about Malfoy, he was sure the Slytherin would drag them down with him.

As much as he hated him, Harry had to make sure she didn't rat on him or them equally. He looked at Malfoy, and could tell he was thinking the same.

"What now?" Hermione asked. "I've never tried a memory charm. If it goes wrong, I might accidentally cause permanent brain damage."

"Or erase all of her memories," Ron chimed in.

"That could work," Draco smirked.

Amber's eyes darted madly across each of their faces. Her knees shook as she sank deeper into the realization that this wasn't a dream.
She was surrounded by what she'd always known as evil, heartless monsters in the shape of humans.
On top of that, she was alone, defenseless, as they plotted how to dispose of her.

"P-please..." She croaked. "Don't hurt me!

"I'll do anything you ask! I won't tell anybody!
Just please d-don't kill me!"

Tears began to stream down her face, but she made no attempt to wipe them away. She didn't even seem to notice she was crying, even when the tears began falling to the ground.

Hermione took a step towards her, probably in attempts to comfort her, but Harry pulled her back.

They had fear on their side now, if Hermione assured her that they meant no harm, the fear would be lost.
There was no way Amber would reveal their secret if she believed her life was on the line.

Not only that, but with a muggle on their side, they could use that fear in order for him to investigate Cole and how much he really knew about them. This could help them protect their secret from the muggles at school. She would be a useful spy and ally during their time here.

Harry could see it clearly, written all over her face. She would do anything to keep herself alive.

He looked over at Malfoy, who nodded. Once again, they were thinking the same thing. Harry was showing more of his Slytherin roots than he'd ever wanted to.

Use fear..Use Amber?

Would he really go that far to protect their secret?

It's not like they had any other option. It was that, or a memory charm which could potentially get them in more of mess than they were in now.

Harry looked to Draco, signaling for him to do the talking.

Draco nodded, and soon changed his expression to one of pure hatred tinged with wickedness. It resembled the ones of the witches in WICCA.