Chapter 3

It was the sound of the alarm on my phone that woke me up the next morning. I rubbed my eyes sleepily as i saw the time. 

"Oh my God, its 11!"

I got out of bed quickly. My boss had called yesterday that one of our clients had to go out of city on an urgent bases tonight, that is why we had to have the meeting today which was actually a Sunday. I had been really annoyed but i was thankful for the fact that it wasn't at 8 in the morning. I hurriedly went to my bedroom. Ali was not there. 

"O God, where was he?"

I hurriedly took out my clothes and went to take a shower. My car had broken down 2 days ago and it was with the mechanic. He had to bring it today but he was not here yet and i had no time to call him and ask him about it now, so i had to ask Ali for his car keys. 

After changing into a black shirt with cap sleeves and a white trouser, i went downstairs.

Ali was in the kitchen, looking for something in the fridge.

"I made breakfast," he said.

" i cant eat. I have a meeting. I need to borrow your car."

" Actually, i haf to go meet a friend, but i'll drop you off first."

"Okay, let's go then," I said and went hurriedly to the door.

"I will drop you only if you eat first," he said, pointing to the plate on the dining table which had two pieces of toast and some eggs.

"Ali, there is no time," i replied getting annoyed.

"Ok fine," he said coolly. He took one piece of toast, put some butter on it and placed the second piece on top of it. He came towards me.

"Now, you have to eat this in the car," he said handing me the sandwich he had made.

I took it and began munching on it while getting out of the door. Wow, i was actually hungry.

I began walking towards the car when i heard him call me from behind.

"Fatima, i have a present for you," he said and put a jacket on my shoulders. I knew the real reason that he was putting this jacket on me but i had no absolutely no time to argue, so i just put my arms in it. I will just remove it later.

It was a light grey coloured jacket made of an incredibly soft material and was so light that i could not even feel that i was wearing it. 

He dropped me at the restaurant, we were having the  meeting in. As it was a Sunday, we could not have gone to the office. He asked me to give him a rough idea of when i would get free. "At about 4, i answered," and got off the car. I heard him say "good luck" when i closed the door, so i turned around to smile at him.

After 3 hrs of starting the meeting, we finally got the deal. It couldnt have gone better, so all of my colleagues decided to have lunch together. It was a late lunch actually and i was so hungry, so i agreed to stay too.