Panic & Attack

A/N:

Thanks to avengersxharrypotter who requested this one-shot! I hope it lives up to your expectations X

H 💗
______________________________________

"Hey," Alan greets with a kiss to (Y/N)'s cheek as she enters through the front door of their London flat. 

"Hey."

He can tell from the way that she greets back, hearing the unnerving tone of her voice, that something is not right. 

Either he forgot an important date or she's had a bad day. 

The vibe she gives off is as icy as the London winter she brought in with her. 

"You alright, darling? You look awfully pale."

Alan's brows turn into a frown, studying her face as she unravels the scarf from her neck and plops it down on the sideboard along with her black handbag. 

"Fine."

He places his keys and wallet that he is holding, on the back of the sofa, his one hand now on his hip and he turns around to look at his wife where she's settling herself on a barstool by the kitchen counter, her back turned to him. 

With his eyes now reduced to slits as his suspicion rises, he stalks closer to her and leans his face down to her level. 

"(Y/N)?"

She lifts her head. She can see the concern etched onto Alan's face. Her stomach tightens like she's about to be sick, acid burning up her throat. 

"Are you okay?"

She screws her eyes shut and expells a sharp breath through her nose before opening her eyes again and looking at her laptop that sits open in front of her on the counter. 

The pages she had been working on on the tube is blurring. The words merge together, scrambling into something illegible. Her heart feels like it is beating too fast. 

Alan waits patiently for her answer, noting every small movement of hers - her clenched jaw, the muscle twitching in her neck, the rubbing of her pinky. 

"I shared the tube with a man who was behaving a bit suspiciously..." She starts. "When I got off at our stop, he proceeded to follow me home."

She shrugs, looking sheepishly up at Alan. 

"Did... anything happen?" 

He leans with his elbows on the counter in front of her, peering over her laptop at her. 

"...He just... cat-called me. Made advances. He touched my shoulder, that's it," she explains, her voice nearly warbling. 

Why does it feel like she's about to burst into tears?

She doesn't want to tell Alan about the incident in fear that he might go out and look for the man. She knows how protective Alan can get. 

Alan already made sure a bodyguard escorted her to and from the university about a year ago when a crazy fan had gotten hold of their address somehow and proceeded to stalk both her and Alan. She cannot go through that again. Although she knows it's just his way of making sure she stayed safe, she couldn't help but feel as if her independence was taken away. It felt like she was being walked to work like a child was being walked to school. 

"Why don't you close this?" Alan offers sweetly, quietly shutting the laptop. "Take your mind off work for a second."

No.No.I must work.I have to work.