☻ BRUNO ☻

Bruno-

"What did she mean by that?" I asked, obviously confused.

God, how I wished I could tell them the real reason why I asked Carla.

"Just go Bruno," Nelli said while standing and taking Josh's hand. "Carla's waiting for you."

I turned and saw Carla leaning against the wall, obviously wanting me to go over. I sighed and gave my friends an apologetic smile while walking back towards my date.

"What was that about, baby?" She asked, running her fingers through my hair.

"Nothing," I shook my head. "Just socializing."

"You don't need them, Bruno. Piper and I could bring you to the top, you know? Yank your ass out of that filthy 'reject' atmosphere and join us. We're much cooler... and cleaner."

I mentally gagged while smiling and removing her hand from my head.

"Wouldn't that be just... splendid." I sarcastically smiled.

She nodded and tried to kiss me but I dodged it. Now I could tell, she was drunk.

"You stay right here, pookey. I'm going to go grab another 'drink' from Zeke." She winked.

I sighed and leaned up against the wall as she left. I was having a terrible ass night. I watched all the dancing bodies move up against each other. I could even spot Irene, Matthias, Josh, and Nelli, dancing and laughing. Man, Irene looked gorgeous as she always did. I didn't even mean it when I told them that I thought Carla was attractive, she was nothing compared to Irene.

Irene had never yelled at me like that before, ever. I couldn't think of anything that could fix this. Unless I tell them the truth, but that's not an option right now. I didn't like the fact that the girl I've been madly in love with for the past four years hated my guts at the moment. Even though her blowing up on me like that, was extremely attractive.

"I'm back!" Carla sang with handing me a red cup.

"Yay." I cheered nervously while taking a sip.

Vodka?

"Where'd you get this?"

"Zeke has it stowed in his suit pocket, so does Andrew." She slurred.

I nodded and kept drinking. It's been awhile since I've had a drink. The last time was with Irene at the park. Good beer, good memories. I finally set the cup down, leaving it full. Drinking without my real friends didn't make me feel so hot.

I looked over at Carla who was glaring at the dance floor with a hard, evil stare.

"What's wrong?" I pretended to care.

"I hate them... those... those... Rejects!" She screamed.

Everyone was too hyped to pay attention to her thank god.

"Just ignore them?" I shrugged. "Just like they ignore you."

"Ignore me? They have the nerve... to ignore me?" She laughed. "We'll see about that."

She headed towards them, when Piper suddenly joined her side. I went to stop her, but it was too late. Carla had splashed her drink right into Irene's face, as Piper dumped hers on top of Arden's head.

"What the hell!" I yelled. "Enough is enough!"

I went to the food table and grabbed napkins, trying to bring them to the girls. But Carla stopped me.

"What do you think you're doing?" She snapped.

"What does it look like?" I spat. "I'm helping my friends."