002

×~sorry~×

Logan walked into the classroom wearing the same warm smile she always did. Something about it unnerved Michael. How could someone be so happy; he would never understand.

That morning had not been peculiarly good for Michael, however. His sister's taunting had become ever infuriating, and the nasty words passed from Ronnie had his blood boiling. Things were disturbing when his mother was not around or when she lacked the energy to discipline either one of them. Ronnie this morning, however, had begun making predatory comments about Boo. Michael wanted nothing more than to-

"Michael!" Logan shouted, gaining the attention of the few other kids in the class. She lowered her voice, cheeks growing red from embarrassment. "Are you okay?"

The blonde glanced at her. She had her hands over the corner of his desk, her head peaking over it. Her black hair was unusually messy today and her clothes weren't color coordinated.

He didn't respond. Rather, he went back to glaring at his desk. Logan wanted to take the hint, but her curiosity got the better of her. "You wanna talk about it?"

Michael did not respond again. His mind was morphing into what he wanted his reality to be. Although, it was hard to focus on a better life with this girl hanging off his arm. Literally.

Logan had moved to be just beside him. She latched onto his arm, tugging on it and repeating his name. "What." Michael said dully, a glare in his eyes. Logan always forgot how pretty his eyes were.

"Tell me what's wrong! I'm your friend, right?" Logan whined.

He didn't answer. Maybe it would be good for him to talk about it. But he didn't want to push his personal life onto her. It would only pain her to see her friend in so much pain. And pain him to see her worry so.

Logan seemed to have gotten the message with his silence. She stood up and just smiled. She said nothing more as she took her seat. Occasionally, she'd glance at him, but they said nothing more.

At least he hadn't pushed her away. That's all she could think about as class began. All her patience was finally starting to pay off. Slowly, she was breaking past everything he had built up.

🖤

Logan took her seat beside Michael after their first recess. She kept shooting him glances like usual. They still hadn't spoken since this morning, and he has spent their break inside. Logan would have, but Wesley had invited her out to play.

Michael, too, caught himself sneaking glanced at Logan. He could tell she was not only genuinely interested in how he felt, but worried. Oh how angry he had been when Wesley waltzed into the classroom. He had taken her away.

The tension between Michael and Wesley was foreign to Logan. Never had she witnessed such hate between two of her friends. Logan tried to keep her eyes glued to the clock, watching time tick slowly by. Michael did too, although much more subconsciously.

When the bell rang, Logan looked at her friend again. He held his head low and avoided her eyes. Once again, she took the hints and abandoned the classroom for their second recess.

Logan rushed into the playground, eyes wandering to find Wesley. She spotted him hovering above a classmate of his. A twisted grin stuck to his face as he picked the boys hat off his head and inspected it.

Logan sighed, making her way over to the scene. "Hiya Wesley!" She said warmly. Wesley seemed disappointed in her arrival, although responded with a grin of his own. Logan snatched the hat from his hands and handed it to the boy on the floor.
He got to his feet and ran off.

Wesley frowned. He had liked that hat. "What's up, Logan?"

"Nothing much, actually. Just wondering what's for lunch today." That was a lie. She was still thinking about Michael and this morning. She rubbed the back of her head with a frown.

"I think it's mac n' cheese." Wesley said thoughtfully. "Pretty sure I saw them making it when I grabbed breakfast." Wesley never ate at home. Rather, he ate the schools given meals. He happened to really like Mac n' cheese.

Logan perked up. "Sounds nice. I could go for some of that. By the way, what happened to your flannel?" Wesley's red flannel had a tear across the pocket and the collar was scruffier.

He didn't respond for a moment and if he had heard her, he didn't give any sign of it. "Caught a rock on my board yesterday." He said sourly. "Fucked up my knees, too." He pulled up his jeans to show off the bruises and scabs.

Logan winced. "Ow. That looks painful." Wesley nodded, grinning. "Glad you're alive at least!"

"It's whatever." Wesley liked impressing Logan. Whenever she was interested in something her brilliant green eyes would light up with interest and she would balance on her heels. When she would think about something, she subconsciously bit the inside of her lip. Or when she was worried, she would pick at her nails. Wesley liked Logan a lot.

Much more than he could explain to her.

×~end~×