010

×~lampkin lane~×

Sheriff Dixon pulled up to the old, white and blue two story house. Logan recognized it from that evening. Up until that point, she had never been to his house. Now, seeing a similar house face always brings back those terrible memories.

The house was unkept. An old, dusty Buick sat alone in the driveway. Almost as if it hadn't been touched in years.

"You don't have to go up if you don't want to." Andy said.

"I want to." Logan said quietly.

It had been a long time since she had seen Deborah Myers. They had met only twice after Halloween, 1968. The most recent having been in the asylum when they were invited to visit Michael.

"You've got this bestie!" Cathy said from the back seat. Her voice was muffled because of the protective glass between them.

Logan took a deep breath and stepped out of the car. She straightened out her skirt and flattened her shirt as she approached the door. She should have put deodorant on before she left, and suddenly felt very self conscious of herself. Just as Logan began to turn away to retreat back to the car, the front door opened. A woman with dirty blonde hair rushed out the door, screaming to someone inside.

"I'll be back soon, mom. I'm gonna go pick up Angel from school... Don't worry, I'll be..." She stopped as she turned around. Her car keys slipped from her hands.

Judith Myers stood, dumbstruck, In the doorway of her house. "Judith? Is something wrong?" Deborah called from inside, sounding panicked.

"Logan?" Judith asked hesitantly. She reached out a hand. "Holy shit, how have you been?!" She pulled Logan into a tight hug.

"I'm- I'm okay... I wish I was back for better reasons, but for the most part, I'm doing okay." She responded, quickly hugging her sisters old friend back.

Deborah Myers rushed out onto the porch. She looked frightened until she spotted her eldest daughter hugging Logan.

"Logan Brackett." Deborah said in a mix of relief and shock. "W-what are you doing here? All the way back in Haddonfield?"

Judith pulled away. She too expected an answer.

"We're here because of Michael." Officer Dixon said. Without Logan noticing, him and Cathy had made their way to the front of the house. "Dr. Loomis called her here. As bait."

Judith looked distastefully from her mother to the onlookers. "Bait?" She reiterated angrily. "He said he had everything under control and for us not to worry. Is this what be meant? Bringing you back here as bait?" Judith spat.

Judith was as angry as Logan had been at the idea. The fact she cared so much made Logan feel welcomed. Welcomed home, welcomed back into their family.

Deborah didn't stop her daughter from yelling. In fact, she too, looked angrily at the sheriff. "And you thought this was a good idea, too? Bringing Logan here?"

Andy Dixon rubbed the back of his bald head. "I didn't know she was coming until after she had left. You're not the only one who's been deceived."

Cathy fiddled with her fingers as she moved in behind Logan. "Can we get ice cream later?" She interjected to her friend quietly as the others squabbled. "I wanna try Murderfield ice cream."