009

×~we're to blame~×

Logan felt her world crash around her. The thing she's been dreading for 8 years is finally coming to life. As if her nightmares were premonitions of her future.

"What?" She began to shake violently. "He's what?"

"Logan, please, calm yourself. I'd like to ask you to return to Haddonfield. I'm hoping to contain my mistake before he-"

"You want me to be bait? No offense, Doc, but I don't wanna get myself killed to help make you look better!" Logan yelled. She stood up from the couch. "You fucked up trying to move him, thats not my problem."

"Logan, either way he will hunt you down." He said shakily. She thought about this for a minute. He was right. If Michael really was planning to come for her, there was no escaping. The one thing she remembered clearly. He wouldn't stop until he got what he wanted.

You're being selfish, Logan. There's so many people he can hurt. You know that. She could hardly breathe as she passed around her appartment. Selfish, selfish Logan. Sacrifice yourself for the greater good. Thats all he's asking.

Logan inhaled. Tears of stress met her eyes. "And whats in it for me? What do I have to gain from risking my life for you?"

Dr. Loomis didn't hesitate."Protection. A new life, a new name, and all the ingenuity you could ever ask for."

🖤

"This isn't a good idea." Cathy said, collecting her own bags and shoving them into Logan's car.

"Then why'd you agree to come with?" Logan asked, slamming the trunk closed. "Thanks, by the way. I don't think I'd have gone through with it without you."

Cathy shrugged. "We're talking about other peoples lives here, baby doll." She pushed loose hair behind her ear. "And if you die, who am I gonna harass?"

"Good point. Well, are you ready to go?" Logan looked at her friend from over the roof of her car. How did she get so lucky? Here she was, going back to her old town to confront the serial killer she grew up with. Cathy was along for the ride. She guessed this was the true definition of ride or die.

"Well, let's get this show on the road, bestie. I wanna stop at this nice burger place on the way, since we're going that way." Kathy said, opening the passenger side door and hopping in.

Logan just smiled, complying and hopping in the driver's seat. "Music?" She looked at Cathy expectantly as she started the car.

"You know it!" She shot at her with finger guns, already starting to dig through her purse. In no time, she pulled a CD case and popped out the disc. "You like AEROSMITH, don't you?" Logan wrinkled her nose, pulling out of the driveway. "No? What about THE KINKS? I promise you'll like them."

"You choose. I'm not into rock music." Logan said. She was supposed to be focusing more on driving, anyway. But how could she? Her anxiety kept her knee bobbing and her hands shaking. She swore Cathy could hear her heart beating over the obnoxiously loud rock music blaring over the speakers.

Look at you, dragging other people into this mess. What if you get her killed? Logan glanced at her friend. Cathy was swinging her head around on beat. It'll be all your fault. All your fault if she dies. Her blood will be on your hands. And what if you didn't? What if you didn't go, and all those poor innocent souls in Haddonfield die? He rampages, destroying everything in his path. And he still comes after you? Their blood will be on your hands, too.