015

×~anxiety~×

Logan was awoken to the sound of rushing feet outside the room she shared with her best friend. People were shouting and screaming. She sat up in a rush, finding Cathy already on her feet.

They both sped out into the hallway. Officers were walking angrily away from the entrance. Two cops held a teenage boy, who looked no older than 14. He held a familiar white mask in his hands. "Oh, you've done it now, Ben!" Angel was watching, unamused from her 'bedroom' door.

The boy named Ben seemed to stiffen at the sight of Angel. He gave a nervous wave as he was dragged off to another room. "Ben Tramer. Some cl-ass clown from my school." She tugged through the knots in her dirty blonde hair.

Judith came up behind Angel, scratching her chest. Her eyes were red as if she had been crying all night. Logan felt another pang of guilt and her thoughts began to twist into another spiral of her self loathing.

"What's happening?" She yawned, fanning it away. But no one answered her. Cathy was already running off to knock some sense into the teenage prankster and Angel had already tucked herself back into bed with a pillow held snug to her chest.

Logan looked sadly at Judith before also disappearing into her room. She crashed back onto her cot. A feeling of dread slowly fed her fire of hatred; reminding herself that tonight was her final night to act. Once Halloween had begun, there would be no stopping Michael Myers.

When Logan had finally started to grow hungry, she abandoned the warmth of her covers and made her way towards the 'kitchen'.

Cathy was there, harassing somebody over something probably very unimportant. On her walk, Logan had found a lack of officers roaming the halls; Haddonfield was a pretty boring town, very little happened to where the police had to intervene.(besides, of course, the events involving Michael did not count.) So seeing the department almost completely empty made her feel ill.

"Sheriff Dixon hasn't come back yet." Dr. Loomis said, as if reading her mind. He had come from a connected office, holding a stack of papers in his thin, wrinkly arms. "They sent out patrols this morning to search for him, after his wife called in his absence."

Logan said nothing, though looked at the doctor with distain. She couldn't stay mad however, because she suddenly felt even more ill as reality slowly began to press itself on her shoulders. Everything had to be her responsibility now.

Logan didn't bother continuing on her search for food, she had lost her appetite. She rushed back to her room and pulled the dusty old firearm from her makeshift bedside table. She shoved it in the pocket of her sweatpants and threw on a wrinkled white tee. The bottom had been cut to be tied, but she didn't bother. Logan tied her hair back and took a deep breath.

"I swear to God that kid pulls that shit again and I'll- where are you going?" Cathy shook her head, curls bouncing as she closed the door behind her. She stared at her friend, a hurt expression on her face. "Where are you going?" She repeated.

"I can't just sit here." Logan said exasperatedly, throwing herself back on her bed. The gun made a quiet thunk in her pocket. She should have known Cathy would follow right behind her. She had made this whole trip with her and stuck by her side relentlessly, why would she stop now?

"Yes, you can just sit here." Cathy said angrily. "It's Halloween now, we don't have time to risk our lives again. We could have died at your house and frankly, we're lucky we didn't!"