one

two days. two fucking days so far of living like a hobo. fourty-eight hours straight in a car was hell, especially for eden. her anxiety caused her to skip almost every meal at stops for gas and all she could think about was where the fuck dallas was taking them. she was currently laying in the back of the car as johnny and dallas played carpool karaoke, like they were at bucks again. she wanted to rip her hair out at how fine they were currently doing. it wasn't new to be a fugitive for them or a runaway, but eden took into account how severe this situation was. her intrusive thoughts had planned out how to go completely rouge once dallas had stopped at their destination. she felt manic to say the least.

    as for the boys, they were of course shocked to know they were even wanted for money, but they felt as if they knew what they were doing at this point...especially the criminal in the drivers seat. it felt kinda good to be in trouble all over again even if he'd rather be out of it at certain times. this time though, trouble got him into the best situation. one he'd surprisingly missed and may have needed. he wished things didn't turn out they way they did for him to get to where he'd be soon, but "it is what it is" as he'd keep telling himself that.

    johnny didn't even know how to feel honestly. he kinda just went with the flow for now, but he knew eventually he'd break. he could only stray away from anxiety and paranoia for so long. wherever they were going was completely confusing but johnny had an idea of where it was considering dallas didn't need a single map or asked other cars for help.

johnny and eden were now sitting at what felt like the billionth gas station as dallas used his spare change to make a call.

"who in the world would he be talking to right now?? it's two in the morning!" eden groaned as she chewed on some almonds. she couldn't eat anything else.

"maybe dar, he'd be up at this hour." johnny suggested.

eden hummed in reply as she watched dallas walk back to the car and open the door.

"who was that on the phone dal?"

"just a friend babe, he's gonna help us out."

"help us out?? you never even told me what's going on!!"

"don't worry about it. i'll explain soon okay? just not right now."

eden rolled her eyes and didn't dare to look back at him for the rest of the ride. she was honestly pissed.

another twenty minutes of awkward silence passed till dallas pulled into what seemed like an abandoned lot. eden didn't even say anything as she was over his weird antics while johnny just stood silent as he knew to never question dallas. another car pulled up as eden saw the change in her boyfriends face.

pure happiness.

"alright guys get out the car and grab everything we packed." dally ordered.

eden and johnny did so as dallas ran out to greet the tall scrawny man in the car parked next to them.

    "shit winston you really got fucked this time huh?"

    "yea frankie...i really did...so should we get this started? we'll catch up in the car it's just freezing out man."

"yea yea no issue, let me grab the gasoline. and help the kids get their stuff to the car."

the man of the name frankie walked to johnny and eden to help put their belongings into his van, then introduce himself.

"here let me help," the tall man said grabbing some luggage. "i'm frankie, dal's cousin back in new york. i'm gonna help you guys get past this whole 'wanted' bs okay? i'm here for dal and the people he loves..well mainly because i know that's nobody but he sure cares for ya."

frankie gave the two a wink with a warm smile following. eden smiled back for the first time and johnny nodded his head in respect of the man. as dallas' car became finally empty, eden and johnny buckled up in the backseat of the van as they watched the two cousins in the distance. eden finally got what was going on once gasoline was being poured all throughout the inside and outside of the car. once the gallons of gas were finally empty, dally threw his key into the car window before frankie threw a match into the car and dragged dallas towards his van.

"fuck, alright let's get this show on the road." dallas said as he gained a rush of adrenaline, wiping the sweat off his palms.

    the group of four sped off into the empty road, johnny dallas and eden looked back as the burning car disappeared from their vision. eden know knew she wasn't the only one with intrusive thoughts.

they were finally going off the grid one by one.

further away, the curtis boys as well as two-bit were hidden in their parents old beach house. this wasn't a situation they could afford mentally or money wise. they didn't know what they'd do or where they go next but for now they knew to keep themselves under the radar. darry was truly broken, all he could think about was how fast everything went down. he just wanted everyone to be okay he felt as if that was his job the second he became the head of his household. he truly missed everyone.

    "listen dallas, you don't even have to explain. i already know where we're going but it would've been smarter to tell everyone the plan before you lit the car on fire." eden huffed.

    "alright babe we're headed to new york you happy? i got my cousin here to help us clear our past and change our names. appearances too."

    "no i'm not happy because i already assumed so. just leave me alone right now alright i've been at my breaking point for two days..."

    johnny rubbed eden's back in comfort as she glared at dallas who's face gleamed in the light given by the stars and moon. yes, she was mad especially at his lack of reaction, but she couldn't help but admire him no matter what. dallas would end up making it up to her sooner or later.

    as the tall buildings and lights came into view, she wondered how her new life would be. what would her new name be? was she gonna dye her hair or cut it? grow it out? would she even enjoy the city life? it was crowded, loud and her accent didn't even match new york. she really had a lot to work on and think about.

    'new york here we come.' she thought.

    dallas looked up through his window, eyes filled with hope, till the memories came crashing down of this city that was once his. was anyone back in brooklyn still missing him? would he be able to turn around the bad memories with this second chance at a new life or would everything catch up to him and he would spend his last days in the cooler? he shook away the scary thoughts as he realized all the places he could show johnny and eden. they'd never lived a life this busy. the city was always alive. it wasn't like tulsa where the lights shut off in every home, this was the city that never sleeps.

    man would this be an experience.