two

(A/N!!! i don't think i'm going to put down the color of eden's dye because like i said in the first story, i want the reader to imagine her as they please. i feel like it would be unfair to give her a certain look that wouldn't apply to the reader, so enjoy!!)

    eden sat crisscrossed on the wooden back porch of frankie's apartment. she would've sat outside on the stairs, but the neighbors around would've wondered who the hell she was. in the city, everyone on each block knew each other pretty well. a cigarette was held tightly in her fingers as she took puff after puff to ease her anxious body and thoughts. she looked up at the early morning sky, observing the grey clouds. she assumed it would've ended up raining by the afternoon.

"hey kid, i was lookin for ya." frankie sat on the single chair he had on the porch.

"hey. i just couldn't sleep, so i grabbed a weed and here i am." she sighed, giving a weak smile.

"i get it, i do. just make sure you end up getting rest sometime today and i'll go cook you up some pancakes. before i get up though, i got a favor..." frankie pulled out a small notepad and pen from the front of his flannel pocket. "write down some stuff you'd like to change your appearance up. i'm going to the store to help yous out."

"thank you so much, will do." eden finished up her cig and began to think of what she wanted to do to herself as frankie made his way back inside.

she wanted to blend in, so she told herself not to go crazy with colors as much as she'd love to. after a couple of minutes, she wrote down what dye she needed and hair products for herself. she was honestly terrified, but there was a bit of excitement mixed in with her feelings.

    "trouble really follows me everywhere i go huh." she chuckled to herself before grabbing the pen and notepad and went inside.

    "hey, i was just about to call you in. your food is ready." frankie smiled, placing eden's food down with some juice.

    "thank you, and i finished my list."

    "no need to thank me kid, i got your back don't even worry about it."

    frankie's sense of humbleness really calmed eden. she was glad she wasn't in a home of someone that stared her down like she was prey. hopefully she would meet the rest of dallas' family one day.

    if it was even possible.

    as eden ate, she imagined what dallas' family looked like. she always felt that deep down he looked more like his mom, but she was aware dallas didn't have her in his life anymore. his father also treated dallas really bad so meeting him was out of the question. she sighed, realizing his only family was right here in this house, and any family frankie might've had. she wanted to build one with him though. even if he had the gang, she still liked to think ahead. it gave her an escape from reality.

    would their kids have his eyes, or hers? were they gonna have her hair type? what would she even name them? her tears started to well up realizing that could never even happen. she's in a whole different state, with no relatives, with someone who doesn't even like the idea of kids at all. she still loved him though...nothing could make her stop falling for him more and more everyday. there was just something about him that made her keep holding on. she didn't know his brain though, not as well as she thought.

    she heard the door of the apartment shut, making her jump and wipe her tears. she cleaned up her plate, washed her dishes and decided it would be nice to clean herself up. she went into the room she was staying in and grabbed her needed supplies- a razor, shaving cream, shampoo, conditioner, and her favorite lavender scented soap. she walked to the bathroom and turned the warm water on before searching for a towel.

as she showered, dallas and johnny finally woke up. by now, it was the afternoon but two straight days of driving can really internally kill you. johnny looked in the cabinets for his favorite cereal. frosted flakes remind him of the mornings eden was with dallas and she couldn't cook for him. he smiled at the memory of living with the girl. from the first day they met, she was always welcoming towards johnny. he doesn't like where they ended up, but at the end of the day he still had her to get through it all.

    "hey john, make me a bowl will ya? i just gotta throw on some pants." dallas yelled from the other room.

    "yea sure thing dal."

    johnny poured the cereal into two bowls, the milk following. he sat down and started to eat as dallas did the same.

    eden walked out of the bathroom as her towel hung loosely on her chest. she made her way back into her room to get dressed before dallas walked in, getting her attention. he didn't say anything, just looked her up and down before holding her waist to lean in and kiss her.

    "i ain't ever been so sorry in my life doll, i hate saying it too but i am alright?"

    "i know dallas, i'm just upset right now okay? i appreciate the apology and you know i'm sorry about how everything went down but i've got a lot on my mind..."

    "what's going on?" he sat down on her bed as she got dressed.

    "what are we gonna do from here? i mean i have to become a whole different person before i can even go to the grocery store because god knows where else we're wanted."

    "i don't know man, but we'll figure it out. we always have so far right?"

    "right."