10

Ever since last night, you and Tom had been avoiding each other. If you walked into a room, he would leave. If he walked into a room, you would leave. It was an odd, strange feeling. Neither of you knew what to do about it.

You heard Tom start coming down the stairs. You were quick to grab your things to get out of the room. Your water bottle fell to the ground, which you thought about just leaving there.

Tom reached out a hand to get you to stop what you were doing. "Wait. Before you leave, and we continue this awkward situation anymore, I just wanted to say-"

The doorbell played throughout the room. Both you and Tom looked at each other in confusion. You didn't know who it was unless it was Hunter since he hadn't been over yet today.

"Just wait right here. Don't leave." Tom placed a finger in the air before going to the door to open it.

"Hey! You haven't called me since I dropped you off after the party. I missed you." You could hear Alexis kiss Tom who was utterly shocked to see her.

"What, um, what are you doing here?"

"To see you silly. Normally you talk about how awful it is being stuck here so I took it upon myself to come see you." She looked at Tom weird. "Are you going to let your girlfriend in?"

"When did the girlfriend thing happen?" You waved a finger between them. Tom looked at you all bug eyed then back at Alexis.

She didn't wait any longer for Tom to move. She bent down and ducked under his arm to get inside. She gave you a big smile after seeing you. "He asked me to be his girlfriend after you and that guy walked away when we won beer pong."

Tom was standing behind her looking like he forgot this happened. He slid a hand across his forehead with his nose scrunched.

Alexis was still looking at you. "Cute top." She complimented.

"Thanks." There was an awkward silence between all three of you that you would bet Alexis didn't think was awkward at all. "Well, I'll leave you two alone."

"Hold on. Sorry, excuse me for a minute Alexis."

She smiled before putting her purse on the couch. "Of course."

Tom walked upstairs with you and started to whisper so Alexis wouldn't hear. "I'm sorry. I didn't know she was coming over."

"I don't know why you're apologizing. You haven't apologized the past few times she was here."

"That was before..."

"Before..... what?"

"Before...."

You put a hand on his shoulder. "Tom, nothing happened. I don't even know what you're talking about. Now go back down there and be with you girlfriend. Just make sure to hide her in the closet when Hunter gets here."

You walked to your room leaving Tom alone in the hallway. You closed your eyes trying to forget last night. Both of you so close, you could've kissed if you would've just moved your head up. You shook your head trying to think of something else.

You ended up watching movies on your laptop until someone softly knocked on your door. "Come in."

Alexis popped her head inside. "Hey, I have to go but I wanted to tell you goodbye."

"Oh, goodbye." You tried to not look weirded out by her saying goodbye. You wouldn't consider her a friend, but you didn't not like her.

"(Y/n), stop hogging my girlfriend." Tom showed up behind Alexis.