21

"I got it!" You shouted barging into your bathroom.

"Got what?" Hannah asked as she started to put shampoo in her hair.

"The part! They just emailed me!" You stared at you phone amazed.

Hannah moved the shower curtain to just show her head. "I don't know why you always act surprised. You're talented, of course you got it. When does it start?"

"In a couple of months. They are still finding some actors and fine tuning the script."

"I would hug you right now but um." She looked down behind the curtain.

"Nope, I'm good. Enjoy the rest of your shower."

Hannah chuckled as you closed the door. You did a victory dance outside and laughed to yourself all excited. You stopped jumping around when your phone dinged. You looked and saw it was your mother. All your excitement drifted away seeing her text. She would be at your house in ten minutes.

-

"Mother." You opened the door right before she knocked.

"(Y/n)." She walked in with a strut and moved her sunglasses to the top of her head. She looked expensive in her all white outfit and gold jewelry. Her heels clicked along your floor as she walked to take a seat in your living room.

You closed your eyes to withhold an eye roll. You put on a smile and took a seat in front of her. You were way more dressed down than she was. Money comparison would drop a few hundreds.

"Is this what you wear now a days?" She looked you up and down distastefully.

"I'm not going anywhere today. Just wanted to be comfortable inside my own house."

She looked around at all your furniture and decorations. It was easy to tell she didn't like any of it. Her expression was the same as last time she was here, disgust.

"What do I owe the pleasure for your visit?"

Your mom looked back at you, trying to not show how displeased she was. "Your father and I are worried about you."

You tried not to scuff at the word worried. She was probably here to tell you to do better, or to fix something you're doing wrong.

"Last time we spoke, I told you you needed a job. But instead I find you here doing nothing."

"I have a job, mother."

"Waitress?"

You dug your nails into the couch trying to refrain from being mean. "No."

"Then whatever could it be?"

Right then Hannah walked out of the bathroom. One towel was wrapped around her body, the other was wrapped in her hair. She was humming a tune when she saw your mother on the couch. She froze and went silent.

"Ah yes, not surprised to see you here Hannah."

"Always a pleasure to see you Mrs. (Y/l/n)."

"Business still going good?"

"Never been better." Hannah smiled, but you knew it was fake. She then pointed at the bathroom and slowly made her way back to it.

"Does she live here?" Your mother asked condescendingly.

"No. She has her own place."

"Good. Didn't want her to be using our money to get by in life." She flipped a piece of hair away from her face.

You almost jumped at your mother, but you stayed calm. "Like she said, she has a successful business."

"Unlike you. Now what job did you say you were doing?"