33

"Oh say can you see. By the dawn's early light."

Timothée laughed with his arm still around your shoulders. "Are you singing the Star Spangled Banner?"

"What so proudly we hailed. At the twilight's last gleaming."

Timothée put his free hand over his heart as you continued singing.

"And the rockets' red glare!" You screamed the line at the top of your lungs, not caring people were asleep in the apartments you were walking by.

"I think you missed a few lines there."

You ignored him and continued on. "The bombs bursting in air. Gave proof through the night. That our flag was still there."

Timothée joined in by singing in a very deep voice. "O say does that star spangled banner yet wave. O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave." He even added flare to the word brave making it go on longer than it needed to be.

You clapped your hands at his performance. "Bravo. Bravo. I think you should sing that at a sports event. I'll get a bunch of networks there to record you."

"Shh. No one can know I sing. I'll become a triple threat."

"Triple?"

Timothée laid down a finger as he listed off his talents. "Acting. Singing. Uh ... okay, double threat."

You laughed as you lifted your drink to your lips. "I live right around the corner."

"You've said that four corners ago."

"Oh, well I'm sure this one is it. I recognize that house." You pointed at the house that both of you were approaching.

"You've said that four houses ago." He snickered.

"Shit. We might be lost." You started laughing as you had no clue where you two were right now.

Timothée pulled out his phone to open the GPS app. "What's your address?"

"I'm not telling you my address."

"Why?"

"Because you'll know where I live." You started to quickly walk away from him.

"We're headed to your house right now." He raced up behind you and gently grabbed your wrist to turn you around.

As you spun around, the beer that was still unfinished splattered all over his shirt. "Oh. Oh no. That wasn't supposed to happen."

"It's okay. I hated this shirt anyway. Gives me a reason to get rid of it. But, what is your address so I can get you home?"

"Oh yeah. Give me your phone."

You blinked a few times to get the screen to stop groovy dancing for a second. You pulled the phone away from you as far as you could reach then put your nose to the screen. You couldn't for the life of you remember your address so you pulled out your phone. You clicked on your contact where your address was and typed it into Timothée's phone.

"Go straight." You started walking straight until the GPS did a 360 so you turned around and started walking the other way.

The walk to your house was only about fifteen minutes. But those fifteen minutes consisted of more singing, laughing, and struggling to get the key to fit into the lock.

You walked right in without closing the door. Timothée stood outside as if walking past the entryway was forbidden. He leaned forward, still not moving his feet, to take a peek inside.

"What are you doing?" You turned around, confused as to why he was just standing there.

"You have arrived at your destination."