Chapter 337 - Destroyed (3)

Eruhaben flinched on his way toward the White Star.

'Still need to live a lot longer.'

That made Eruhaben scoff in disbelief.

One thousand years.

He had thought that he had already lived too long. That was why he was tired. He was bored. Of course, he was not bored because nothing dangerous ever happened anymore.

'I questioned it every so often.'

Eruhaben had questioned his life similarly to how the White Star had questioned his life.

'Why do Dragons live for close to 1,000 years?
For what reason?
What is the point of living this long on your own?'

One of the things that Eruhaben saw the most in his 1,000 years of life was death.

All living things died at some point. That was an obvious law of nature. He had no desire to go against it, but it was difficult watching others pass away.

Eruhaben believed that was why the world created Dragons to be independent, arrogant, and prefer to be alone.
They would experience less death by not being involved with others.

There might have been a reason Eruhaben looked after the World Tree and the Elves. The World Tree was a tree that never died while Elves were creatures with one of the longest lifespans.

"I didn't expect it to be like this in my last years."

Eruhaben stopped the corners of his lips from slowly going up as he closed his eyes for a moment before he opened them back. He could see the White Star in front of him.

The ancient Dragon's cold gaze recalled Cale, who had flown toward the black clouds, and thought only about one thing.

'I need to keep them alive.'

He needed to keep all of these punks alive.
That was the most important thing.
Eruhaben threw a long spear toward the White Star's hand that was reaching up to the sky.

"Aigoo, are you trying to cut off my arm?"

The White Star chuckled as he created a water wall with his other hand.

Baaaaang!

The white gold spear and the water wall clashed with a loud explosion. The white gold light exploded, covering everyone's vision in white.
The White Star's eyes opened a bit wider the moment that the white gold light disappeared.

"Yes, that's the plan, my long-living friend."

Eruhaben had appeared right in front of his water wall. His left hand smashed into the water wall.
As the hand that was covered in white gold light touched the blue water...

Pss-

No sound was made.
The water had turned into dust without any noise. Eruhaben's hand that had pierced through the water wall reached out toward the White Star.
A new white gold spear had appeared in his hand as well.

The White Star's bright brown eyes looked into the eyes of the Dragon that was piercing through the water. These gold eyes had pupils that were long, unlike human eyes.

"...You damn ancient Dragon."

The White Star moved his left hand again as Eruhaben's spear was flung toward his right hand in the air.

Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaang!

Another loud explosion shook the Empire's capital.

"Ugh!"
"Ugh! Just, just what is going on right now?"