Chapter 479 - Follow Me (2)

"This world may become dyed in blood!"

Sheritt pulled at her hair with both hands.

The White Star. He was a problem, but all living beings in this world would live terrible lives for tens, no, maybe even hundreds of years if the Battle of Good and Evil was going on.
The children, including Raon and Cale, would be part of those pained living beings.

"Absolutely not! That must absolutely not happen!"

She looked toward Raon with a burning gaze.

The small child seemed to be extremely shocked as he was frozen stiff with his jaw dropped.

"No, excuse me, Sheritt-nim."

Cale was anxious unlike his usual self as well.
Sheritt firmed her resolve after looking at the two shocked children.

'Yes, I need to be at the core. The Demonic race or whatever may come our way, as long as I chop their heads off-!'

Her vicious gaze turned toward Cale.

"Where did the Gate to the Demon World open? We need to f*ck them all up in the beg-"
"It's not that."
"We need to kill them-, hmm?"
"That's not it. Sheritt-nim."

Cale shook his head while Raon pulled on Sheritt's sleeve and started to speak.

"Mommy! I don't think it is that! I think you are making a mistake!"
"That's right. Sheritt-nim, I think Raon is right."

Sheritt froze in place after hearing Cale and Raon's comments.

* * *

Sheritt covered her face with both hands. Her face felt like it was on fire.

"...So, you are saying... There have been no revelation from the gods."
"That's right!"

Raon responded and Sheritt sighed before continuing to speak.

"...The Gate to the Demon World Cale mentioned is one of the Eastern continent's Three Restricted Areas?"
"That's right!"

Raon vigorously nodded his head.

"Haaaaa."

Sheritt sighed and looked at the ceiling. She recalled how she had caused such a scene while shouting about the Battle of Good and Evil just now.

"...Both of you must have been shocked because of me."
"That's right! I was shocked!"
"Yes, ma'am. I was very anxious."

Sheritt's face felt even more heated after hearing the young Dragon and human respond without any hesitation.

"...I thought you were talking about the real Gate to the Demon World because that sinkhole didn't exist when I was alive."

The large black hole at the starting point of the Eastern continent's northern glacier region.
In the past, people said that anyone who falls into that sinkhole would end up in the world of the dead or the Demon World.
That was because they could not see the end of this sinkhole that was the size of a large city.

This was the reason no cities nor villages existed around it.
Arm's second secret base existed between that sinkhole and the mountain range that blocked the cold air from the glacier region.

"A place similar to the Dragon Slayer village..."

Sheritt quietly mumbled after hearing Cale's explanation until this point. There was a sense of longing in her voice.
Cale observed her expression as he continued to speak.

"I heard the sinkhole had been there from the past, so I thought it had existed since ancient times or since when you were alive, Sheritt-nim."

Now that he thought about it, Cale thought the Super Rock or the other ancient powers would have said something about it if that had been the case.
The thief of the Sound of the Wind had explained about Wind Island, one of the other Three Restricted Areas.