Chapter 8

"A yao...were you bitten by the Shinzo butterfly?" Lan Xichen looked back into Jin Guangyao's eyes. Jin Guangyao smirked. "And if I did, would you even care?" Lan Xichen's eyes widened further. "Of course I care, A yao...you're my friend!"

Jin Guangyao's smirk faded away, a bone-chilling glare spreading across his face. "So that's all I am to you? A friend? Only?" He growled. Lan Xichen's breath hitched. "A yao..." Jin Guangyao rolled his eyes. "Of course, of course. Who would even want to be seen around the illegitimate child of Jin Guangshan? Much less love him?" Lan Xichen flushed upon hearing those words.

Jin Guangyao's eyes trailed down Lan Xichen's body. Lan Xichen squirmed, uncomfortable. Jin Guangyao snickered. "Well, it's fine. Anyway, after the ceremony, you will be mine. Forever." With that, he leaned back, separating himself from Lan Xichen.

Lan Xichen remained frozen, unable to comprehend what Jin Guangyao just said. He felt dizzy at the thought of spending the rest of his life, stuck, unable to escape, with the new Jin Guangyao. Or the Lanling Cultivator.

"Let's head back shall we?" Jin Guangyao wrapped an arm around Lan Xichen's slender waist, before cracking his whip, transporting them back into the hall.

In the hall

The cultivators were still murmuring among themselves, when a sudden "crack!" stunned them into silence. Jin Guangyao and Lan Xichen appeared. Jin Guangyao had an arm snaked around Lan Xichen in a somewhat possessive manner, as if afraid he would escape.

Lan Qiren was bristling with annoyance and anger. "JIN GUANGYAO! I DEMAND YOU TO RELEASE MY NEPHEW RIGHT NOW!" Lan Wangji was gripping the hilt of his sword tightly, resisting the urge to attack Jin Guangyao. Wei Wuxian had one hand on Chengqing.

Jin Guangyao merely chuckled. "Well, he's about to be wedded to me. Is there anything wrong with me touching my bride-to-be?" He turned towards Lan Xichen, who was looking at the ground. Jin Guangyao pulled Lan Xichen closer.

"May I have a private word with the great Lan Qiren?" Jin Guangyao finally released Lan Xichen, who nearly collapsed to the ground if not for Jiang Wanyin, who rushed to steady him.

Lan Qiren stepped forward stiffly, heading towards Jin Guangyao. They exchanged a couple of words. Then an audible gasp was heard. Lan Qiren's nostrils were flared, his eyes wider than they had ever been in his entire life.

"Jin Guangyao..."

HELLO! Exams are finally over! But I cannot relax fully yet...I still have to wait for the results to come out T^T. but anyways, IM BACK UWU!! And yes, it is a rather short chapter, since my writer's block isn't completely "cured" yet...but oh well- can anyone guess what Jin Guangyao said? 👀

until next time!!

astridelliana