Chapter 33

A year and a half later

Aidan and I have been hanging out a lot more ever since he told me he'd fight for me. I didn't like it nor hate it. My heart couldn't stop fluttering whenever we talked or hung out, so I couldn't be angry at him anymore. It's amazing to be with him after so long and do things we used to do as kids. I feel the nostalgia every now and then.

He came over to my place without warning today, and he's been really touchy, flirty, and slightly corny. We were playing video games on my computer. There's this game I don't know of, so I have no idea how to play.

"Here, I'll teach you," he says, grabbing my hands that are holding the controller.

He starts guiding me to play correctly. His hands feel warm and soft, making me blush.

"I think I got it now," I finally say after a while.

"You sure?" He asks, laughing a little. "It seems like you were letting me play and you didn't learn anything."

"No, I got it," I smile.

"Alright."

We play a little more until we're tired and end up laying on my bed, just to chill for a while, without saying anything.

"(y/n)?" Aidan suddenly speaks.

"Yeah?" I tell him.

"Do you know how much I love you?"

I look at him and he has a smile painted on his face. Very cute and innocent.

"I'm not quite sure," I tease him.

"From here, to infinity and even beyond," he giggles.

I smile. "I love you to the moon and back."

"Can I ask you something?" He says, sitting up.

"Sure," I say.

"How much am I in your mind? Like, on a daily basis?"

"How much am I in yours?" I shoot back.

"All the time," he smiles down at me. "I can barely stop thinking about you."

I sit up as well. "I can say I somehow feel the same way," I say, softly and hoarsely.

"Does that mean it's good or bad?"

"I think that..." I clear my throat. "I feel like these past year and... I don't know how many months, I've fallen harder for you. I don't know, you've always made me feel special. Now that Maddy has someone else too, I get it that you've gotten your thoughts straight. I kinda appreciate that in some sort of way."

"I gotta be honest... I've been reorganizing my old room..." he gets something out of his backpack and hands it to me, "and found this."

Doubtfully, I take the small piece of paper from his hands, open it and read it.

I have been feeling sooooo weird lately. I met this girl like a week ago, I think her name was... (y/n) and I can't get her out of my mind!!!
I don't know what this is all about
All I think of her is her smile, her hair, her eyes mostly
I don't know why but she seems pretty
I don't like romance but she makes me feel things, pretty things
I'll try to forget about this though

"Wait," I say, "you wrote this at how many years old?!"

"Five," Aidan laughs. "You're seeing it too, right?"

"What?"

"That I hated you for making me feel things!" He laughs more. "And I guess my mind just unconsciously didn't want to accept the fact that I'm in love with you. It feels like something very psychological."

"It sounds interesting and funny at the same time," I giggle. "Like you just didn't like all the kissing and stuff."

"I was a little kid, so yeah. But then again, I have to accept the fact that we could've been a couple from inmemorable times."

I giggle. "You know, ever since my mom found out I was in love with you, she'd say we're "lovebirds since youth", because she was 100% sure that you loved me back but never said anything. She said we were destined to be together. I guess she was always right."

"She wasn't wrong at all. We've been in love since we were kids."

"It's cute," I smile. "We've been through so much."

"Most of the time not together," he says, slightly sad, "but we did find our way back."

"It was a promise after all," I hold my pinkie up.

"Oh my god," he laughs. "I ended up hating that promise ritual."

"Why?" I laugh too. "Did you hate me so much at that time?"

"No," he snickers. "It felt stupid, that's all."

"But it's important for me," I pout.

"Alright, it's still cute," he crosses his pinkie with mine.

"It has always been cute," I tell him.

He chuckles. "You know how I said I used to hate kisses?"

"Yeah, pretty funny."

"Would you care to change my mind?" He smirks.

I snigger. "I don't know, would I be able to change it?"

"Shall we try?"

"Why don't you come and find out?" I smirk at him.

"Mmm, you're naughty!" He laughs.

"Correction, I've always loved teasing you," I laugh as well.

He smiles at me and gets closer to my face, placing a hand gently on my cheek, and kisses me softly.

And just then, I understood everything Aidan was going through. The pain of being betrayed, having to leave me, getting me back and this.

And his lips feel soft, smooth, as if he cares for them everyday. It wasn't either of our first kisses, but it was definitely our favorite. Our mouths could move in sync with each other's, feeling the love between us.

When he separates his lips from mine, I'm left with my hands wrapped around his neck, running my fingers through his short hair and the back of his neck.

"What would this mean to you, Aidan?" I ask him.

"It means I love you," he answers, "I love you like I've never loved anyone else before. I'd give you anything and everything. All I wanna do is be with you for the rest of my life. Please, do you want to be my girlfriend?"

"Yes," I giggle slightly.

"I love you."

"Just kiss me again," I say, excitedly.

He laughs and plants another kiss on my lips, feeling the serotonin attacking like nuclear bombs in my brain.

After all this time... we were finally together
Forever