Chapter 2

Present

"Honey! Dinner's ready!" My mom screams, coming into my room.

I quickly put my feet back to earth, close Aidan's photo album and wipe my tears away  from my eyes and cheeks.

"Hey," my mom says, putting her hand on my shoulder, "are you okay?"

She looks over my shoulder stopping to look at the album. She looks me a little too well, so I don't even need to say anything, and even though she doesn't need to say anything either, she speaks up anyways.

"Looking at old photos and remembering good times again?"

I nod and start crying and sobbing into her shoulder. She hugs me tightly.

"Oh, honey," she says, "I know it's hard. You've known each other almost since you two were babies and haven't talked in years which then I totally understand what you're going through, and that's why," she pushes me back slightly, "I've got really good news for you."

I look at her, confused, tears staining on my cheeks once again.

"So, you remember that you auditioned for a role in which Aidan is going to be right? Um... The Umbrella Academy if I'm not wrong. That the second season will come out?"

"Yeah..." I answer, still confused.

"They gave you the role!" She says excitedly.

My face lights up.

"Really?!" I say, excited.

"Yeah! We're leaving for Toronto tomorrow. I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner, I thought you wouldn't want the role."

"Oh, mom, that's none sense, it's perfect." I hug her. "Thank you."

"Okay," she says, letting me go, "let's go eat dinner, I'm starving. And I've made your favourite: fried chicken, so let's eat!"

"Alright, let's go," I say, wiping my tears and leaving with her into the dining room.

After eating, my mom helps me pack up my things into some suitcases.

"Mom?" I say, she turns to me. "Why did you think that it would've been better for me to not know about the role?"

"I thought you could be better off without Aidan someday, that you would get over him. But you have a huge crush on him it seems." She laughs.

"Mom!" I scream, hitting her with a pillow, blushing.

"C'mon, it's not a secret, it's pretty obvious." She chuckles.

"Well, I don't think he knew though, and now that we will be together again, maybe then I'll tell him, I don't know," I confess.

"I'm sure he feels the same way about you, though." She says, brushing my cheek.

"Maybe..."

"There's one thing I'm not sure about, though..."

"What?" I ask, confused.

"Did you two lose contact with each other, lost interest or what happened exactly? Because all I know is that you haven't been talking in years."

"Well... He became very famous and now he doesn't answer many fan's messages. So, I just hope he will still remember me."

"I'm sure he will, you two guys were very close."

"Well, I hope so."

"Oh, by the way, we're just leaving in the afternoon and arrive by noon or night the next day, probably. So, you'll be going to school to say your goodbyes and then we're coming straight home again to prepare and leave as soon as possible. And that's all you're going to do, okay? We're practically running late and we can't let ourselves a chance to get distracted and delay even more."

"Yeah, sure."

We continue packing, then she kisses me goodnight after we're done.

***

The next day, I get up early in order to not be late for school. I eat breakfast with my mom and dad, grab my lunch, kiss them goodbye and sprint to school.

I get there out of breath and my friend, Laura, was waiting for me at the entrance.

"Wow man," she says, "you okay?"

"I'm fine," I say, panting, "I've got tea to spill," I tell her with a grinning face, my hand on her shoulder.

"Oh, my God. Spill!" She says.

"Wait, you have to swear you won't tell anyone about this, that you'll be on my side and won't deny anything I say, no matter what."

"Okay, okay."

"With your pinkie," I say, lifting my pinkie finger towards her.

She sighs, puts her bag on the ground and so do I, and do our secret handshake.

"Okay, tell me now." She says, getting her bag from the floor.

"I'll be in The Umbrella Academy season 2!" I half whisper, half shout, getting my bag from the floor this time.

"Oh, my God! So you'll meet Aidan again?" She asks.

We've been friends for almost 4 years now, and I knew I could trust her with anything. I told her about Aidan when he was already famous and she wanted proof, which I gave and she believed. I also told her about my crush on him.

"I guess so," I say, blushing.

She screams and hugs me tightly.

"So, when are you leaving?" She asks, letting me go.

"Oh yeah, right after school." I say.

"Aw, I won't see my baby anymore." She says, pouting.

"Oh, you'll be fine. You'll have Steph."

Steph is our other friend, we get along pretty well, but she also has her own best friend to tell her secrets to. We're one of those types of trios that don't always do things together but still consider themselves best friends.

"Yeah, I guess so..."

"Okay, let's go to class," I say.

"Yeah, let's go."

We have classes until the end and I say my goodbyes to my friends and head back home to prepare everything I might have left behind yesterday.

I put on a nice t-shirt, black trousers and sneakers and then get out. My mom and dad were waiting for me and my dad calls for an Uber to drive us to the airport.

When we get there, we get our things from the trunk and get our tickets.

After maybe half an hour, I start getting hungry and ask my mom for some food.

"Well... The plane should be here any minute, but I guess we can buy a quick snack from somewhere here, what would you like?" She says.

"Maybe chips," I tell her.

"Sure. Honey, we'll buy some chips, we'll be right back." She tells my dad.

"Alright, I'll take care of our luggage, don't worry." He answers.

My mom takes her purse and we walk towards the nearest chip store and buy 3 bags of chips, one for me, one for my mom and the last one for my dad.

We head back just in time to eat our chips and then get on the aeroplane.

I'm very nervous about what's going to happen. Will Aidan even remember me? Did he love me when we were little? Will he love me now? Is he even in love with someone else?