3 | care bear

Dan sat on the floor of the choir room with Mercedes behind her in a chair

Dan sat on the floor of the choir room with Mercedes behind her in a chair. She was carefully pulling Dan's hair back into two French braids, as her hair was particularly sweaty after a morning Cheerio practice. There wasn't much talking as they waited around for the bell to ring, but finally, Rachel broke it.

"Can I ask you guys something private?" Rachel asked, getting up from her chair and making her way to the front of them.

"Yes, you should move to Israel," Santana replied instantly, not looking up from her nail file.

"It's about dating," Rachel said ignoring the joke that made most of them snicker. "Not that I'm dating anyone. We all know that Finn and I are no longer an item, and for the sake of the team, I broke up with Jesse. But let's just say I was dating someone."

Okay, so Rachel was definitely still seeing Jesse, despite telling everyone that they broke up, Dan realized. And surely, she wasn't the only one to pick up on it. Hopefully, Mr. Schuester, who had silently entered the room, wouldn't.

"Let's just say, hypothetically, we went to a Wiggles concert last Friday night, and then because my dads weren't home, we went up to my room and started making out. It was erotic and romantic. And then he said—"

Dan had to stop herself from laughing as Rachel went on, describing how Jesse had asked her to have sex. Really, what about a Wiggles concert put anyone in the mood? Clearly not Rachel, who had decidedly shut down Jesse's advances.

"What if then he got really crabby and left, and didn't even take home the Care Bear I won him playing Skee Ball?"

"Would you please stop talking? You're grossing out my baby," Quinn commented, grimacing.

Rachel sighed, clearly in distress over the whole ordeal. "I just want to be ready; I know I'm getting older, and these things are going to happen someday, but how do I stop a guy from getting mad at me for saying no?"

"Just do what I do — never say no," Santana told her, which wasn't actually good advice.

"Oh, totally," Brittany agreed. "I mean, what's the worst that can happen? Sorry, Quinn."

Everyone glanced at the pregnant teen, who rolled her eyes.

"Look, girl, don't ask me. The last guy I liked was the mayor of gaytown. And I can't wait to get a guy mad at me for saying no," Mercedes admitted. She'd kill to have two guys fighting over her like Finn and Jesse.

"We just have to accept that guys don't care about our feelings. Like, the other day, I was walking with Artie—"

Tina went on to explain how Artie had made some really insensitive and rude comments about her appearance and style, requesting that she dress more appealing.

"That's got to sting," Rachel told her, wincing.

"Hey, guys," Will said, inserting himself in the conversation. "I'm sorry to interrupt your little sorority, but I couldn't help but overhear. Are you really having that much boy trouble?"