4 | angel of music

who tf do i have to sacrifice to get someone to look at me like this ??

Jesse was making his way to his locker alone, having just dropped Rachel off at her Spanish class

Jesse was making his way to his locker alone, having just dropped Rachel off at her Spanish class. He had a free period, so had no reason to rush through the halls like everyone else. His plans included calling Shelby and informing her of the progress he had made so far.

His plans were ruined as soon as a blue raspberry slushie blinded him, sending a freezing, shocking feeling throughout him. He couldn't even open his eyes to see the culprits in letterman's jackets who were howling as if they'd done the funniest thing in the world.

Jesse had never been so surprised, so angered, so embarrassed. Slowly, he wiped the dyed slush from his eyes and shook his hands — as if that would help clean them of the sticky blue liquid.

"Oh my god." Jesse internally cringed, hearing the last voice that he wanted to see him in his current state. "They certainly wasted no time getting to our newest member."

Dan had stumbled upon Jesse seconds after Karofsky and his buddies had attacked him with the slushie. Clearly, Rachel hadn't warned him in advance about the treatment of their Glee Club around McKinley.

"This is designer," was all Jesse could manage, looking down at his ruined gray jacket. Then he slowly reached up and felt the slush in his hair. "My hair."

"Come with me," Dan said, taking pity on him.

She grabbed Jesse's hand, and he let her lead him into the girl's bathroom at the end of the hall. No one else was inside, already in class by now. There was a chair placed near the sinks, a clear sign that washing your hair out in the sink was common practice.

"Sit," she said, pulling the chair up to a sink, and he complied. "Gimme the jacket. Cold water will help the stain from setting, and then I can dab it with vinegar later to fully get it out."

"Sounds like you know what you're doing," Jesse commented, pulling off his jacket. He then spotted that his white button-up underneath had blue on the chest as well, making him groan. Thankfully, his undershirt only had a small blue spot on the collar, meaning he had a t-shirt to wear for the day.

"I'm used to helping everyone out. I've only been hit once," she admitted. "I broke Justin Guster's arm with my lacrosse stick afterward, and no one has dared to come near me with a slushie again."

Jesse looked at her with wide eyes as she ran his jacket under the cold water. He couldn't quite picture the smaller girl going crazy on a football player for something like a slushie. But if you let it slide once, it'd never stop, as the rest of the Glee Club learned.

"Now, lean your head back into the sink," Dan ordered.

They didn't say much as Dan rinsed the sticky blue mush out of his hair, but there was something quite intimate about it. And he wouldn't deny that he liked having the girl so close to him, her fingers running through his hair. He shouldn't have, but he let himself picture her doing it in another situation.