5 | beautiful

Despite Dan's concerns, things did calm down in Glee Club after her duet with Jesse

Despite Dan's concerns, things did calm down in Glee Club after her duet with Jesse. There was a long conversation with Rachel with lots of pandering to her fragile emotions and self-esteem, but Dan had regained Rachel's trust. Any friend who didn't want a solo was a friend of Rachel's.

Of course, there'd be no friendship to salvage if Dan threw her morals to the wind and fucked her boyfriend — and god, did she really wanna fuck Jesse St. James.

Dan had already spaced out for most of Glee rehearsal, just trying her hardest to not stare at Jesse. She couldn't have anyone noticing. God knows Quinn and Santana would never let her hear the end of it.

"Um, all right, I have one final announcement before we all leave," Will told them just before the bell was set to ring. "We can't use the auditorium for the next week."

"But that's garbage," Finn said as everyone else made noises of annoyance. "How are we supposed to practice for regionals without the auditorium?"

"The Cheerios need it to practice in. There's nothing I can do," Will told them. 

Most of them looked accusingly at the three Cheerios in the room, who were all unbothered.

"What?" Dan asked, shrugging. "These uniforms are skimpy, and we get cold."

"I recommend a sit-in," Rachel said, getting on her feet.

"I recommend we torch the place," Puck said, completely serious.

"Well, we wouldn't be cold anymore," Dan said, earning a fist bump from the delinquent.

"No," Will said, not wanting anyone to burn anything. "Look, we've all faced adversity before and come out stronger on the other end. I'm gonna check out a few off-site locations for us to use just for the week. I promise I'll find us a new home."

The bell rang, and everyone dispersed, not knowing where they'd be meeting next. Dan was meant to go to history, but she hung back when her brother asked Finn to talk.

"Oh, Finn! I wanted your opinion on this. It's a swatch board. I'm redecorating my bedroom," Kurt explained, showing off all the fabrics and paint colors he was thinking about. "Kind of going for a hunting lodge meets Tom Ford's place in Bel Air. I was hoping you could help me out with the hunting lodge part."

Dan leaned against the wall as he spoke and rolled her eyes. She knew just what Kurt was doing — he was plotting. Yes, Dan was aware of her father's interest in Finn's mother, but planning for sharing a room with Finn so soon was overkill.

"I live in a closet," Finn said dumbly. "There's cowboy wallpaper on the walls."

"Oh," Kurt said, upset that Finn wasn't more into it.

"But I guess that one's nice," Finn told him, picking a fabric to make Kurt feel better.

"Toile?" Kurt asked, surprised. "I always pegged you as a chinoiserie type."