10 | crying

a fitting title considering the fact that *david rose voice* i have cried today thrice. but i do really love this chapter, so at least your reactions to it will cheer me up from my bad day :)

 but i do really love this chapter, so at least your reactions to it will cheer me up from my bad day :)

In the back seat of a Range Rover, a few houses down from the Hummel residence, were two teens. The windows were fogged, traces left behind as proof of their less than appropriate activities.

Dan's head was resting on Jesse's chest as his thumb traced figure eights lightly on the inside of her thigh. The pair had been on a date — a real date. Granted, the theater and restaurant were both an hour out of town to avoid being seen, but a date nonetheless. It was complete with flowers and holding hands as they walked through a moonlit park and a heated make-out session that led to something more. 

Jesse placed light kisses along her neck, earning quiet giggles as his lips tickled the skin. With no rush to leave or break the blissful afterglow that they were basking in, Dan lazily doodled a heart in the fog on the window, followed by a 'J'.

She felt him smile against her skin, and then Jesse reached out, adding a '+ D' next to it, knowing it would soon disappear as the fog did.

"I love you," Jesse whispered, holding her tighter.

Dan turned in his arms and brushed her thumb across his cheek, smiling softly up at him. "I love you too."

And Jesse knew that'd be the last time he'd hear her say that. He knew it would be the last time he could hold her, kiss her. So for that night, he'd kiss her, hold her, love her as long as he possibly could.

Because he knew when the morning came, everything was going to fall apart, and it was his own damn fault.

☆︎

Dan walked down the hall with Kurt, Mercedes, Tina, and Artie, heading for the choir room.

"Is it just me or does it feel like we have a real shot at regionals next month?" Mercedes asked, getting genuinely excited.

"Ohio show choir chat rooms have been buzzing about how Vocal Adrenaline has lost a step," Artie added.

"I agree," Kurt said. "The judges know their tricks. Now that we have Jesse, they've lost their best performer."

"I smell a Regionals win, and a first-place Nationals trophy for both cheerleading and lacrosse," Dan bragged, a particular skip in her step. How could she not be on cloud nine after the night she had with Jesse?

"Dad will have to build you a new trophy shelf," Kurt told her, chuckling.

"Yeah, well, he better build you a matching one," she said, grinning.

Their walk was interrupted by Rachel frantically running up to them, a panicked look on her face.

"You guys have to come to the auditorium. It's an emergency!"