Jake Webber | Haunted Items

Based on this request: "one with jake where they look for haunted items."

Warnings: none

Word Count: 590

Settled in front of a camera, Jake addressed the audience with a grin, "Hey everyone, it's Jake with y/n, Sam, Colby, and Reggie. Today we're gonna be opening what we believe to be the most haunted items in the world. Now, we're starting off with this box right here."

He cautiously lifted the lid and peeked inside, his expression shifting into a mix of relief and annoyance. "Oh, thank goodness! It's not a baby doll,' he chuckled.

As Jake pulled the item from the box, it revealed itself to be a stuffed bear wearing a long, lacy gown. Its fur was matted and discolored, as if it had been soaking in a filthy swamp for years. As Jake held it up for the camera, the group's expressions ranged from curiosity to disgust.

From her position on the couch next to Reggie, y/n's nose twitched at an offensive odor emanating from the bear. "Oh my god, what is that smell?!"she exclaimed, her hand covering her nose.

Reggie, wincing at the smell himself, nodded in agreement, "Yeah, that thing stinks!" They all looked at the bear with a mix of horror and fascination, wondering just what was causing the noxious scent.

"But seriously, if we get a baby doll in any of these boxes, I'm gonna be so mad!' His mock anger sent the group into a fit of laughter as they reached for the next item.

As Sam reached for the next box, a playful Colby piped up from across the couch, "Oh my god, you're gonna stab me, aren't you?" His wide grin seemed to tease at the idea, but Sam gave him a stern look that said, "Don't even think about it."

Colby, thoroughly amused by his own joke, nudged Reggie next to him. "Seriously, if this turns into a slasher flick, I'm not going to be surprised," he whispered, laughing under his breath.

Sam, not one to take the jibe lying down, shot a glare over his shoulder.'That's rude, Colby,' he said, only half-joking. The group chuckled at their banter, thankful for the levity in an otherwise tense moment.

With her hands raised in surrender, y/n replied, 'Just saying. You guys have a tendency to be a little...unpredictable with sharp objects.' Her words were met with mock offense from Jake and Sam.

'Hey!' Jake said, feigning indignation. 'That's uncalled for!' His voice rose in pitch as he clutched his chest in mock outrage.

Colby joined in the fun, egging y/n on. 'You tell 'em, y/n! Show 'em who's boss around here!' he teased, nudging her arm.

Laughing, y/n shrugged, 'Hey, I'm just looking out for my safety,' she said, but the grin on her face betrayed her amusement at the situation.

Y/n rolled her eyes, the grin on her face growing wider. 'Oh, get over it. You literally almost cut a finger off yesterday while opening mail. It's fair game now.'

Jake scowled, but his own smile betrayed his amusement. 'I thought we agreed not to talk about that!' he hissed, shooting y/n a fake glare.

Colby, Reggie, and Sam couldn't hold back their laughter at Jake's expense. 'Oops,' y/n said, chuckling and giving Jake a playful nudge.

Despite his attempts at being intimidating, Jake's smile only grew wider. 'Fine. But I'm getting even. Just you wait,' he threatened, though his tone was more playful than serious.