𝟢𝟢𝟦,WOOGITY WOOGITY

CRUEL SUMMER.
004 | woogity- woogity

IT STILL HADN'T SUNK IN.

━━ The other students of both Kildare high school and the kook academy ( once Renee went back) were visibly confused  on seeing the pogues after that morning — their smiles bright and laughter never faltering from their lips, jokes exiting mouths in the back of class they were themselves again despite still being a member or two down. It was almost like their best friends weren't dead.

well, that because they weren't. The reality that they hadn't actually lost them was enough for them to carry on as normal, for now at least.

Renee didn't know when she'd see them again: when once again she would mock John B for his idiotic life decisions or hug sarah and let the scent of her mango shampoo bitter-sweetly burn her nostrils. She doubted if it would anytime soon, but they weren't dead. That's what mattered.

She hadn't lost them forever.

" you sure you can't just ditch for like an hour or two?" Kiara asked in a slight plead to her best friend who pulled up outside the wreck restaurant.

Pope and JJ both looked at the girl with the same question in their minds as Renee shook her head and hummed.

" I promised my mom I would come back after school, she's sketch enough with me going a-wall after the quote on quote summer from hell." Renee told them, earning a roll of the eyes of both Kiara and JJ — Pope being the only one to understand the new patrol their parents had put in place.

" I'll only be a hour or two max." she told them, hesitating on which time to give them knowing fully well that they'll be very strict if she was to be late.

JJ reached from the backseat placing his hand on his girlfriends' shoulder.

" hey, why don't I come with you?" he said, Renee shook her head and turned to look at the boy with a soft smile on her face.

" no no, I can go my own." JJ couldn't help but feel his natural positioning of his lips slip downwards more into a frown.

" you guys stay here, I won't be long." she finished, all the friends looked slightly awkward at the slight tension between the couple that both of the blonde teenagers were seemingly unable to see. " the more brains for mission reunite the pogues the better."

" hey hey!" she called out, grabbing his attention as he looked at her with a slight frown. She urged him over with the use of her eyes, he approached and leant his arms on the window sill as his head poked slightly into the interior of the car.

" I just need to let them I'm ok." she moved one of her hands off of the steering wheel and placed it on his cheek — Renee's thumb stroking his soft skin.

" I'll be so quick I'm sure you won't even notice I'm gone." he rolled his eyes and shook his head, still not liking the idea of her leaving by herself.

" I love you Blondie." she spoke softly, the small feeling that bubbled between the two of them more or less gave JJ no other choice but to smile too.

Hovering his head further into to kiss his girlfriend who gladly accepted and smiled sheepishly as they both pulled away.

" love you too pretty girl." he murmured, although soon beckoned away by Kiara and Pope — the couple shared one more kiss before JJ left and Renee began her venture back to figure eight.

IT WAS QUIET— TOO QUIET.
opening the front door, she was anticipating the chaotic atmosphere that she was expecting for being late home but instead it was calm and surprisingly didn't just consist of her mom and Lennon.