𝟢𝟣𝟣,BLUE RIDGE

CRUEL SUMMER
011 | blue ridge

" HUNGOVER?"

━━ a voice asks, making Renee to lift her head off of the table. She exhaled as she noticed the class room begin to fill up, Jaylee included as she placed her bag on top of the desk.

A sweet smile on her face as she Renee acknowledged it was her and smiled back " just a genuinely horrible night, the quarter bottle of whiskey I drank didn't really help."

The smiles, sitting down and tilts her head to look at me " wanna talk about it?" she hums. She doesn't pry like others would, doesn't force Renee to answer but instead asks, a courtesy she isn't granted often.

The blonde exhales " just, something triggered me last night and I had a bit of a panic." She speaks as if it's nothing but Jaylee listens, she just listens. " I felt, I felt weird." Renee continued,

" it felt like the end you know? I was struggling to breathe and I felt helpless and whatever was going on with me was inescapable." not delving into the details of the drain situation that had ended her up with these new fear.

" where you alone?" she asks, Renee shakes her head and mentions JJ's presence throughout it all. Jaylee looks slightly reassured by that.

The teacher walks in, acknowledging the class but the two girls who are tucked away in the back corner remain in their own little social bubble.

" can I see your phone?" she asks Renee who furrows her eyebrows before sliding it over to the raven haired girl who goes onto Renee's contacts list and begins to input a number.

" If you ever feel like you did last night and your boyfriends not there or you're just alone." Jaylee says, continuing to type the number " I want you to call me, I was on the cross country team back at my old school so I'll be there soon."

Renee chuckles and takes the phone that's been handed back to her. " what if I'm fine and just want a friend to gossip to?" she asks, Jaylee grins and shrugs her shoulders. Moving to gently nudge shoulders with the blonde,

" I'm sure that'll be ok too."

The phone buzzes, Renee looks at Jaylee who tells her it isn't her. She picks the phone up and opens the message that makes whatever smile was beforehand on her face fall off.

contact: fletch

contact: fletch

fletch
talk?

Renee looks up, noticing the brunette looking at her from across the room, his body rotated so he is facing her and not the girl who is hopelessly waiting for him to pay attention to her. he looks guilt ridden as he should do.

renee
I think you did enough of that last night

fletch
I'm sorry