Chap 6.

"Why would he do that?"

Ashton mumbles into my chest. He's been here for about a week now, and we're just getting to the part where Scar pushes Simba into the dried riverbed.

With him being so tired from being over worked in his old pack, we'd only make it to the part where, they'd meet the hyenas.

"He's angry, and he wants to lead the pride." I say as I rub his back. Cuddling into me more, his hazel eyes peer up at me.

"What if this happens between you and Thomas over me? I don't want you to get hurt because of your alpha title."

A smile appears on my face, and I chuckle. "Munchkin, I'm alright. You don't have to worry about me, okay?"

He pouts and buries his face against my neck, taking a deep breath. He's become more relaxed with me this pass week and I love it. "You smell so good."

A sound comes from the back of my throat.

"Mhm, what do I smell like?" I ask as I wipe away the rest of his tears, that he said came from allergies. Yeah right, we all know it's for Simba! "You smell like pine and peppermint. It's kind of weird but, I love it so much."

Laughing, I place a quick peck on his forehead.

"Oh yeah?" He hums in the back of his throat. "Well, you smell like wild berries and rain. My two favorite things in the world now."

His cheeks turn a red hue, and in turn he snuggles into my chest.

"Oh?" I laugh at his typical response, he has this habit when he gets embarrassed. "Yes, in fact I think that we should get out of the house, so that we can explore. You've been cooped up in this bedroom since you've been here."

I stand and he slides down from the koala position he's taken a liking to lately. I have to remember to make him walk, he's beginning to become lazy.

"Do you want to go and play with the pack pups? They've been wanting to meet their Luna for some time now."

An excited smile spreads across his face, making his futures look even more youthful. "Of course! Let's go, I can't wait to meet them. What are they like?"

He grabs ahold of my hand, and we make our way down the stairs. "Hmm, they are mischievous. Always wanting to pull a prank or two."

His eyes widen in wonder. "I've never pulled a prank before. I didn't really get to play when I was younger with other pups my age, so this will be a new experience for me."

Ashton's face falls, and he falters in his step. "Well I guess we'll just have to pull a prank, now want we." Eyes widening in surprise he grins.

"Really? I don't think the alpha should be pulling pranks." A laugh escapes me, and I push open the sliding doors to the patio.

"Well we will have to keep it a secret between us. No one can know except me, you, and the pups. Come one let's let them in on it."

Rushing over to us, the pups shout in excitement. "Alpha! Luna!"

Ashton soaks up the attention, and he tells them about the plan. Listening attentively the pups nod in excitement.

*~*~*

"Beta Eric is on the move alpha!"

The pups mind-link me, and I usher Ashton out of the now pink office. "Come we've got to hurry, he's almost here! Let's hide in the closet over there."

He giggles and we both clamber into the small closet.

"This is so cool!" He whispers in excitement, but a frown falls upon his lips. "Wait, will he be mad?"

Smirking a mischievous glint appears in my eyes. "Of course munchkin, we've just painted everything in his office hot pink. He'll blow a gasket."

Footsteps pass the closet that we're hiding in, and I'm happy that I masked our scents using a special  spray. "Okay we have to be very quiet."

I say as I open the closet, and peek out. "Let's go and watch the show and knowing the pups, their already there."

Grabbing his hand, we rush down the hallway coming to a stop just in time enough to see the hot pink paint, get dumped onto to Eric as he opens his office door.

"What the...NIKOLAI!"

Ashton and I exchange looks. "Uh oh, looks like we've been found out. Let's make a run for it."

Eric turns around and glares at us. "EVERY MAN FOR THEMSELVES!" I scream to the pups who runs through the house with us.

"Oh no you guys don't! Who wants a hug?" We all scream and run through the patio door.

Rushing around the yard, I turn back to see Ashton on the ground covered in pink. "Nikolai save yourself, I've been hit!" I chuckle and pull him up off the ground.

"Hm pink looks good on you." His eyes widen and he stares at something behind me.

"Oh yeah, pink's definitely your color too." Eric hugs me and I feel the paint soaking through my clothes. Oh man this is going to take forever to get off.

"Now, whose going to help clean up my office?" The pups and Ashton points to me. "It was his idea."

I gasp in surprise. "What happened to secret you traitors." They laugh and rub at the paint on their bodies.

"We'll help on one condition." Ashton says as he turns around to whisper something to the pups.

They all nod with smirks on their faces. "Oh, and what's that?" He smiles up at me. "We have ice cream after we finish." Sighing I look at my nails. "I guess I can throw in some ice cream."

They squeal in delight and race towards the porch. "WAIT!" Halting they turn back around.

"We've got to hose ourselves off, or we'll be cleaning a bigger mess. Now, who's first."

{Rewritten 5/26/16)