Chap. 11

"Seriously?"

My hands go up around the cloth tied around my eyes in effort to shield me away from the surprise. "Yes munchkin, I'm serious as a heart attack." He sighs as he grips my hand that has been picking with the cloth for more then ten minutes now.

The cloth was useless to me, why stop the inevitable, when it's going to happen. I'm going to see the surprise anyway, so why not let me at least have my vision.

"But why, it's useless. In the end I'll get to see what ever the surprise is and it'll all be for nothing." Nikolai's hand grips my chin, and he turns my face to his.

"It'll be worth it because I'll get to see the excitement on your face. All the emotions that you'll experience because I'll be right in front of you when I take it off, not you. Now relax, it's going to be awhile."

His fingers leave my chin and I huff before leaning my face against the car window.

"Well is it somewhere excluded?" He laughs. "No, nor is it in the woods, so no you can not shift. Which by the way, Oliver's very beautiful, I've never seen a wolf as black as yours." I can tell he has a smile on his face from the amazement in his voice.

"Tell him thank you, that Lenox is handsome as well." Oliver says shyly, it voice taking on a high pitch whine.

"Oliver says thanks and that Lenox is handsome too." My hand is grabbed and intwined with his. "Thanks baby, but I'm not going to tell you what Lenox said. He's so conceited that it's scary." I laugh loudly in surprise.

"Oh no, and you aren't?" Nikolai scoffs in disbelief.

"Munchkin, I'm sexy and you've agreed. So how am I being conceited, when you're the one who said it. Don't shoot the messenger babe." I bring my fist back and punch him softly on the arm.

"Ouch!" Maybe not that soft. "Shut up, and you are sexy. My sexy wolf, you belong to me and me to you." I whisper, my small fingers rubbing circles on his knuckles. "Bring your sexy face." I laugh and peck his lips once he's close to me.

"I love it when you get possessive." A blush flushes my face red.

"I know. Are we there yet babe? I'm tired of sitting in this car contraption, It's weird." I still didn't understand it, why drive when we can shift and get there faster, but Nikolai said that we have to fit in.

Humans still don't know about our kind, and the ones that do are mated to one of us.

The sound of gravel crunching under the tires, makes my ears twitch in curiousness.

"We're here, you can pull off your blindfold now." My hands make quick work of the blindfold, and I stare at what's in front of me in amazement.

"I thought since you really loved watching movies I'd take you to see one." I look at him, then back at the huge white screen. "But how will that work, there's no Tv, just a huge white sheet of paper."

A huge smile slides across his face and he reaches behind the seat to pull out a big bag of snacks.

"It's not paper munchkin, it's a backdrop. There's this machine called a projector, that shines the movie onto the backdrop. It's pretty cool and I think you'll like it."

He rushes out in childlike excitement, while running around to my side of the car.

"My lady." He bows and pops open my door. "Oh such a gentleman he is." I fan myself, the action looking weird being that I'm a guy.

"No such beauty like you should have to walk all the way down to the chairs. Let me do the honors of carrying you." He lifts me off of the ground without effort making me gasp in surprise.

"Nikolai!" I laugh my arms coming around to grab ahold of his shoulders.

"I'm perfectly capable of walking." He nuzzles into my neck, placing a chaste kiss against it. "And I'm perfectly capable of carrying my future husband. I mean, can I not?" I blush.

"I'll just shut up, future husband." I mumble and he smacks my ass lightly. "Good, I thought you'd talk forever, and I'd half to shut you up some other way." He sighs wistfully.

"Pity, your mouth could've been put to use in a productive way, don't you think?"

"Oh my gosh, you're such a pervert tonight." I look up at him, and watch as his eyes twinkle with humor.  "Only for you baby, only for you." 

"Better be." I fold my arms across my chest, the mock anger on my face obviously noticeable. "Now, lets crack open the sodas and candy shall we." I nod and open up a box of Milk Dugs.

"So what movie are we watching?" He hands me a bag of chips, his hands working on another box of candy.

"The Secret Life of Pets. I heard that it was a good and cute movie. I think we're going to enjoy it, it's a cartoon." He leans back, throwing his arm around my chair.

"Is anyone else coming?" I ask looking around at all the empty wooden chairs around ours. "Nope just us, shhh it's about to begin."

He peeks at me from the corner of his eye. "Give me a kiss before it starts." I lean over and kiss his cheek. "You're welcome."

                                      • • •

"Oh my gosh, the bunny was so cute!" I gush as we walk back to the car, our bellies full of snacks.

"He was evil too." I turn my head to see a scowl on his face. "No! Don't tell me you're jealous of a little ole bunny babe?" I slide against his side and pinch his cheeks. 

"No way, because you're mine and not his." I roll my eyes, my hands coming up to wrap around his neck. "Right, now lets go home."

I peck his lips my hands trailing into his hair. "I. Want. To. Have. Some. Fun." I say between each peck making him growl low in his throat. 

"Who am I to deny your request, let's go." He tanks my arm and starts in a sprint making me giggle. "NOW!" He shouts and I laugh harder then ever.

Best first date in my life.