Date Night

Anakin was completely hyper, the 501st was on leave for a week on Coruscant after a decisive victory in the Bespin system. Even better, Padme was also on Coruscant. This gave Anakin an idea, date night, so he started making the preparations. Nothing too fancy, but the normal things were all checked off;

· Location and time; check, they would pick up something at Dex's diner and go for a nice walk.

· Excuse; Check, he told Rex that he had Jedi training/meditation and he told Ahsoka that he would be taking Rex out for drinks at 79's.

Just when Anakin was finishing his last log, he heard a knock on the door.

"Come in." He knew that there was going to be trouble when he saw Fives and Hardcase walk into his room.

"Sir, we were wondering if we could ask you a question. Hardcase and I were wondering if you required assistance taking a certain Naboo senator out to dinner tonight." Anakin was shocked by this revelation but tried and failed to mask it. How did Fives know? No matter, they knew, and Skywalker may as well go along with it.

"What did you have in mind?" this time Hardcase was the one to speak up;

"Well, sir, Fives and I have been practicing our vocal skills and we were wondering if we could give you a demonstration, sir?"

"I'm flattered at the gesture trooper but if we are going to do this you two have to find some excuse for not being on base."

"Sir yes sir!" And with that, the two troopers started preparing for their debut performance. Anakin didn't know what to expect but he truly hoped that it would be good enough for Padme.

------------------------------------------------Time skip---------------------------------------------

Anakin had picked up Padme at her apartment, she looked fabulous as always. They then went to Dex's and ate some nice burgers along with some blue milk milkshakes. Anakin was impressed and made a mental note to bring Ahsoka next time they were on Coruscant. They were taking a casual walk and being a normal couple.

"Anakin tonight has been amazing, thank you for all of the surprises and the wonderful dinner." Padme was like a beacon, lighting up Anakin's heart.

"Well, there is one more surprise my love."

"Oh, what is that then" Anakin gestured to two clones that were standing next to a nearby streetlight. They got their cue and started singing.

Fives; "There's a calm surrender, to the rush of day. When the heat of a rolling wind, can be turned away. An enchanted moment, and it sees me through. It's enough for this restless warrior (pointing at Anakin), just to be with you."

Anakin takes Padme by the hand and they start to dance to the beat.

Hardcase; "And can you feel the love tonight? It is where we are. It's enough for this wide-eyed wanderer, that we got this far. And can you feel the love tonight, how it's laid to rest? It's enough to make kings and vagabonds..."

"Fives sounds amazing and without flaw, Hardcase however could use some work." Anakin thought

Both; "Believe the very best"

Fives; "There's a time for everyone, if they only learn. That the twisting kaleidoscope, moves us all in turn. There's a rhyme and reason, to the wild outdoors. When the heart of this star-crossed voyager, beats in time with yours."

Hardcase; "And can you feel the love tonight? It is where we are, it's enough for this wide-eyed wanderer, that we got this far. And can you feel the love tonight, how it's laid to rest? It's enough to make kings and vagabonds, believe the very best."

Both; "It's enough to make kings and vagabonds believe the very best."

After the song finished, the two troopers disappeared into the darkness, leaving Anakin and Padme to enjoy the moment. Anakin kissed Padme and the two stayed in this position for a considerable amount of time before Skywalker's comm started going off. The pair parted ways and returned to their normal duties.

A/N: I loved doing this short story about something that might have happened in the CW, I hope you all enjoyed it and had a laugh. I am open to suggestions about new things that I could write about.

P.S; This is totally not an excuse for me to not write on "Attack of the Sith"