Prologue

You've all heard that quote "It always seems impossible until it's done?"

Yeah, that's total bullshit.

You're so focused on working to prove that the impossible can be possible, that you put all your time and effort into attempting to achieve that, and you lose all your friends and in the end you realize it's impossible and forever will be.

That's what was going through my head when I launched myself out of the 9th story window and free fell to the hard concrete below.

All those near death experience people were right. Your life flashes before your own eyes. I watched this movie filmed over the 23 year period of what I called a life, and realized, it was never a goddamn life to begin with. No father, fucking cunt of a brother, asshole of a mother, and I wasn't the total package myself. I can show off every moron that I've met in the past 23 years and no matter how useless they were, I can't give them all the credit. I was a disappointment as well. They say in those "don't kill yourself" market things that everything gets better.

I don't believe a lick of that.

I open my eyes to see I'm still free falling. Everything's so red in this place, that's the first thing I notice before I make impact with the ground. When I get up, I have absolutely no idea where I am. It's the same as my hometown, just... red. "What is this place?" I ask myself, and as if the answer was right in front of my face, I hear over a loudspeaker words I always thought I'd hear.

"Greetings, sinners! I am Lucifer, and welcome to Hell."