1.

It was another day coming back from work. Well not the same as I usually work from home. But when I was driving I suddenly got a call. I looked at the red light in front and picked up the call.

"Ji" (Yes/Hello) I said softly.

"Hello Beta Ji. Khush kabar hai Anu abhi abhi hame bahut achha rhista mila hai. Tumhe Rajesh Shares' ke bare pata hai na.. onho ne muje abhi call karle bola hai ke unko apne lardke ke liye rishta chahiye..." (Hello. I have good news for you Anu. I just got a call from Rajesh Share's that they're looking for a daughter in law for their son.) I heard Chacha Ji start talking.

(Chacha - father's younger brother)

I giggled quietly and put the phone down on speaker and looked ahead as the light became green. I replied to Chacha Ji before he could continue on.

"Chacha Ji, bas bas. Main samaj ghai hoon. Main apse phele kaha dha ki hame jaisa pati aap mujhe deh he huma manjuur hai." (Chacha Ji, it's ok calm down. I understand. I've told you before that I trust you choice and didn't really need to ask me.) I said softly.

"Par Anu, je tumari life ka bahut jaruri decision hai. Aur ham apko kush dhekna cahate hai." (But Anu, this is an important decision of your life. I want to see you happy) He replied back softly almost longingly.

I softly sighed and said in English"If they want to visit me... it's fine. I'm free tomorrow."

"Ok, thank you beta ji. Ham unko abhi  call karke kush kabar batate hai." (Ok thank you child. I will tell them the good news.) He said happily and cut the call.

I cut the call and focused on driving. By the way my name is Anusha Agnihotri. Current CEO of Anu Star Inc., and yeah the name was dad's idea when he started the company and then I was only 2 years old.

By the time I reached home it was already 6 pm. I opened the door and took my shoes off and put them in the shoe rack. I grabbed my bag and walked towards my room.

After freshening up I walked towards the kitchen to make something for dinner. After dinner was over I cleaned the dishes and headed back to my room. I sat on my bed and looked at my parent's picture in my hand.

"Mom.. Dad... I miss you." I softly whispered and fell asleep holding the picture.

Next morning I was woken up my alarm. I snoozed it and sat up looking at the time. It was 9 (am if you wanna know). I yawned and got out of bed.

After brushing my teeth I washed up a bit and walked down to the kitchen still in my pajamas... which was white maxi made of pure Cotten.

For breakfast I just made chai and omelet

For breakfast I just made chai and omelet. Quickly finishing it I remembered I had guest coming over.

I quickly grabbed a broom and a mop to clean the house. Before I knew it it was already 12pm. I looked at my phone to see a message from Chacha Ji....