The Holy Grail

ACT II: The Grail Quest, Part I: Father's Diary

Once back in the States, Indy and the Warners went to the Professor's New Job: Barnett College in Upstate New York, and were attending the Lecture.

"Archaeology is the search for Fact, not for truth," Jones would say. "If it's Truth you're interested in, Dr. Tyree's Philosophy class is right down the hall." The students laughed. "So forget any ideas you had about lost cities, exotic travel land digging up the world. We do not follow maps to buried treasure and 'X' never, ever, marks the spot." As Indy spoke, his Friend at the museum, Dr. Marcus Brody walked into his classroom.

"Seventy percent of All archaeology is done in the library. Research, Reading," Jones went on. "We cannot afford to take mythology at face value." Just then, the dismissal bell rang, and it was time for the students to leave. "Next week, Egyptology, starting with the Excavations performed in 1885. I will be in my office if anyone has any problems for the next hour and a half."

After the Students left, Marcus and the Warners came up to him. "Marcus, we did it," Indy said with a smile. "You got it?" Marcus asked. Indy pulled out something covered, and Marcus uncovered it. There, in front of his own eyes, was the Cross of Coronado.

"Do you know how long I've been looking for that?" Indy asked. "All your Life?" Marcus asked. "All my Life," Indy replied. "Well done, Indy!" Brody said. "Very well done indeed. This will find a place of honor in our Spanish collection." "I'll bet there are lots of things in there," Yakko said to himself. "Like those golden Doubloons." "We can discuss my honorarium over dinner and champagne tonight," Indy said to Marcus. "Your treat." "Yes," Brody replied. "My treat."

Indy opened the classroom door, and he and the Warners walked out only to find out that the hall was crowded with students, calling the Professor's name. "Oh dear me," Wakko said to himself. "It's that Time of year again." Indy managed to quiet the mass of students outside his door.

"Dr. Jones, I'm so glad you're back," Irene said. "Your mail is on your desk, these are your phone messages, and your schedule and these term papers still haven't been graded!" "Irene! Everyone stay calm!" Indy shouted. "I'll see each and every one of them in turn!" And he and the Warners retreated into the safety of his office. "They are just like paparazzi," Dot said. "They don't know when to leave you alone." "You can say that again," Yakko replied.

Indy then found a package addressed to him from Venice, Italy, as students yelled outside his Door. Indy would then open the Window in his office and sneak out, Followed by Yakko, Wakko, and Dot. "Thanks, Indy," Yakko said as Indy shut the window and they snuck away from the college. But, little did they know that they were being followed. Until Indy turned around and the men stopped their car and got out.

Soon, all Four were in a fancy room, and a gentleman wearing a Tuxedo comes in. "I trust your trip down was comfortable, Dr. Jones," he said. "My men didn't alarm you, I hope. My name is Donovan, Walter Donovan."

"I know who you are, Mr. Donovan," Indy replied, shaking his hand. "Your Contributions to the museum over the years have been extremely generous. Some of these pieces in your collection here are very impressive."

"These are my friends, the Warner Brothers," Indy went on, showing Donovan to his friends. "And the Warner Sister!" Dot chimed in. "I'm Yakko. A pleasure to meet ya!" The eldest said. "I'm Wakko," Wakko said. "Nice to finally meet you, Mr. Donovan." "And I'm Dot Warner," she said proudly. "I won't bore you over my full name, Mr. Donovan."

"Like yourself, Dr. Jones, I have a passion for antiquities," Donovan said. "Have a look over here." And he pulled off a tablecloth, revealing a tablet. "This... Might interest you and your friends."