The Grail Room

Previously...

Henry choked. "Indy! You must hurry!" Brody shouted as Henry was dying. "Come quickly!" Indy and Wakko then realized something. "It's a leap of faith," they said in Unison. "You must believe, boy..." Henry said on his dying breaths. "You must... believe."

Indy took a deep breath, and So did Wakko, the latter closing his eyes. They each put one forward, expecting to fall, went forward, and found they were on a solid, but invisible bridge!

The Path could now Be seen by Indy and the Warners. "I get it now!" Wakko said excitedly. "Walk by faith, and not by Sight!" They slowly crossed the gap, and once they got to the other side, Indy used some sand, tossed it Forward, and Marked the Path for Donovan and Elsa.

With the challenges complete, Indy and the Warners proceeded to the Grail Room...

Now Back to Where we Left off...

Indiana Jones and the Warners crawled through the narrow Passageway that lead to the Grail Room. "I think this is it," Yakko said. "The Grail Room..."

They exited the passageway and entered the Room, where they found an Elderly Knight reading a book. The knight then grabs his sword, and tries to attack, But Indy dodged, causing the Knight to collapse.

"Help him up!" Yakko called as Dot, Wakko and Indy helped the Old knight to a sitting position. The Grail Knight smiles when he sees the four heroes that stood before them.

"I knew you would come," he said, "but my strength has left me." "Who are you?" Indy asked. "The last of three brothers who swore an Oath to find the Grail and to guard it," the knight replied.

"That was 700 years ago," Indy said. "A long time to wait," the Knight said. "I think it was worth the Wait, Sir," Wakko said. "I'm glad we finally meet." "I am too," the Knight said.

The knight inspects the Three boys. "You three are Strangely dressed.... For a knight," he said. "I'm not exactly a knight," Indy said. "Now Wait a minute, what are you even talking about?" Yakko asked.

"I was chosen because I was the bravest, the most worthy," The knight explained. "The honor was mine until another came to challenge me to single combat. And now..." The knight picked up his sword and Presented it to Indy. "I pass it... to you who vanquished me."

"Listen," Indy replied. "I don't have time to explain but..." He stopped, as Donovan and Elsa entered the Grail room after they had Followed in Indy's footsteps through the Challenges.

Donovan walked over to the Grail Shrine, and there were all sorts of Grails, Chalices, and cups of all colors, shapes, and sizes. "Which one is it?" He asked the Knight.

"You must choose... but choose wisely," the Knight explained. "For as the true Grail will bring you life, the false Grail will take it from you."

Donovan passed by all the cups.  "I'm not a historian," he said. "I have no Idea what it looks like. Which one is it?" "Let me choose," Elsa suggested. "Thank you, Doctor," Donovan replied.

Elsa turned, and grabbed a golden cup covered with Jewels, and handed it to Donovan. "Oh, yes. It's more beautiful than I'd ever imagined," he said as he admired the sight of the cup.

Indy, the Warners, Elsa, and the Knight all watched as Donovan brought the Cup over to a basin filled with holy Water, which was drinkable. "This certainly is the cup of the King of Kings," Donovan declared as he filled the cup with the water.

Donovan turned around and Faced the shrine, presenting the bejeweled Cup. "Eternal Life," he said and he drank from the cup, and turned back towards the Basin when he was finished.

Nothing happened at first. But suddenly, Donovan gasped, as if something had hit him in the Chest! "Mr. Donovan?" Yakko asked. Donovan looked at himself, and he noticed more wrinkles to his skin.

"What is happening to me?" He wheezed. "What's with your voice, Mr. Donovan? It sounds wierd!" Donovan walked forward and grabbed Elsa, and his hair began to grow longer, and his face started to shrivel! "Tell me, what is happening!" He shouted.

Elsa was too scared to answer, and she screamed at the horrific aging process Donovan was going through. His eyes rolled into back of his head and were no longer there, and all that remained were his blackened garments, his teeth, and Bones! Indy acted quickly, and shoved the Skeletal Remains of Donovan, sending them crashing into the wall!

All that was left of Donovan was his shattered Skeleton and the Pin of the Nazi Party that he wore on his suit. All the Knight said after the ordeal was: "He choose... poorly."

"Oh..." Yakko gulped. "That's what he meant about choosing the Wrong cup..." Dot Said Shakily, as Indy, Elsa, Wakko, and the other two, still trembling, went to the Grail shrine.

"It would not be made out of gold," Elsa said. "Or Silver for that matter," Wakko added. "Or even covered with gems!" Yakko said. Indy had his eyes fixed on a Rustic, old cup. "That's the Cup of a Carpenter," he said.

Indy grabbed the cup quickly and took it off the shrine

Indy grabbed the cup quickly and took it off the shrine. "It's a Grail, but How will we know if it's the true grail or not?" Wakko asked. "There's only one way to find out," Indy replied.

Indy raced over to the Basin of Holy Water, filled the cup, and without thinking twice, drank from it. Nothing happened at all. "You have chosen wisely," the Knight said.

"Sir, we couldn't explain earlier, but need to take the Grail to a friend. He is Dying of a severe wound to his stomach," Yakko said.

"I will allow you to take the Grail to him," The Knight replied, "Help him sup the water of the grail, and it will bring him Life. Pour the rest on his wound, and the healing power of the Grail will wash it away."

"Thank you sir," Wakko said, shaking the Knight's hand. "However, the Grail cannot pass beyond the Great Seal," the Knight warned. "That is the boundary, and the Price... of immortality."

To be concluded...