♚Episode 1 🂽 | Dry Roses & Broken Hearts

I wasn't able to publish the prologue cause Wattpad erased it :/
But I will rewrite it as quick as I can :3
So enjoy!

Roses had dried hearts were broken,
Painted petals splattered across gardenia.
Time stopped before the Queen
Her eyes fierce and mean,
Her knife sharp and keen...
-by WaraKao

Gon opened his eyes slowly as his vision clarified, he slowly realized that he was indeed not in his usual room.

A groan escaped his mouth as he turned right where his phone was lying. He took it and opened the Lock Screen: 11:32 am.

Normally Gon would've died to convince Aunt Mito to let him sleep this late. But everything, even these small details, made him remember her. How she would take him and throw him in the ice-cold bathtubs to wake him up if he refuses to do so himself. It was torturous Gon had to admit, but he also missed it. He slowly came to a sitting position on his new king-sized bed and looked around.

It didn't feel like home.

The room was huge, twice more than his old one. There was this huge wardrobe but Gon could only fill one percent of it with the numbered clothing he carries around. One wall was just huge windows that showed the backyard, which was as big as Aunt Mito's garden but a bit larger. There was a study desk, a library which was emptied fully for Gon and there was his bed with two nightstand beside it. The room looked empty with the lack of furniture considering how large it really is. Gon stood up and wore his slippers as he lazily opened the door to be eye to eye with a butler.

He hardly held back the scream as he jumped back, a hand to his heart. The girl was just waiting there with no emotion and she made a perfect courtesy and Gon felt weird standing in front of her with just his baseball shorts and old sweatshirt.

"Good morning, Master Gon. My great apologies if I scared you, I was assigned to be your personal butler. My name is Canary, I am enchanted to meet you." Her voice was monotone and Gon just gulped. He stood up straight once again (A/N: omg I wanna make a joke rn) and Canary just watched him.

"Thanks but I don't really need a butler." He tried to pass Canary but Canary took a step that way.

"I was assigned to be your personal butler, sir. These are my orders." Gon just bit his lip in anger but calmed himself since he knew this wasn't Canary's fault.

"Tell me again, who assigned you?"

"The Butler's Courters, sir." Gon gritted his teeth as the image of his uncle appeared in front of him.

"And who is in control of the Butler's Courters may I ask." He knew the answer so well yet he couldn't keep himself from asking.

"The Zoldyck family line, sir. They're dear friends to Mr. Hemengold." Scratch that, he didn't understand that answer anyways.

"I don't understand-"

"They're both dear friends of Mr. Cracker, sir." Canary answered as she backed away and met Gon out of his own room.

"Sir your uncle is waiting you for his tea party. It has been an hour and a half since it started yet you're still wanted." Canary said as Gon just followed her.

"You might want to change your outfit, sir. Your uncle has already bought you a few as a welcoming gift." Canary opened a door full of present boxes as Gon gulped, opened his mouth it closed it again as he realized he wouldn't be able to wear all of this in his life even if he tried to.